Chapter 23

Muichiro's pov

I became a pillar, just 2 months after the final selection, I guess that was impressive? All i did was do my job.

After the pillar meeting I went to meet the head of the demon slayer corps, Oyakata-sama. A man that everyone respects greatly, a man that appreciates and loves everyone in the corps, a man of great wisdom and kindness.

He asked me, "Muichiro, can you tell me more about your past?"

I didn't have an answer, I didn't know. There's no trace of my past. The only trace I have is y/n, about how we time travelled. I believe her but I don't think he would as there was no evidence as proof of it.

He cared about me though, so he sent many crows out to find sources that could be related to me, to help me find the family that I had...if I had.

After a meeting, I walked back to Himejima's estate alone, dwelling on the thought of my origins.

"Where did I come from?"

"What happened before we fell in?"

Until suddenly...

A familiar and sweet voice called out.

"Muichiro!"

Y/n jumped onto my back with glee and ruffled my dark hair.

"Hey! I am a pillar now! Show me some respect!" I teased as I tried to push her hands off my shoulders.

"Oh... you are a pillar now huh?" She aggressively wrapped her legs around my waist like a Koala.

"So? I will catch up in no time!" Y/n said proudly and squeezed me tighter, causing me to almost lose my balance.

I faked a sigh and started piggybacking her to the estate "what do you want, miss?"

"Nothing, I have a mission so I came to visit you before I go, and I wanted to congratulate you."

I stopped walking. "Mission? Where? Can I come?"

"What? No, it's my mission, you are already a Hashira! Stop trying to steal my kills!" She pinched my cheeks and I winced in pain.

"Ouch, okay. That was not what I meant, I just want to protect you!"

"Hey! I can protect myself alright? Anyways, see ya!"

Soon the weight on my back lifted in a second, followed by a gust of wind.

She disappeared.