Chapter 2

While the first years rested, it was getting close to dinner. So, making my way to pick up Megumi, I spotted Gojo leaning against the wall with his hands in his pocket.

Once he saw me, he shot me a gleeful smile and approached me.

"There's my wife~! Where are we going?"

"We?" I chuckled, "I'm heading over to help Megumi with a few assignments, so I'm going to be home late."

"Are you sure?" He asked, taking my hand to intertwine with.

"Mhm!" I nodded.

"So, you're really not going to dinner with Megumi and not invite me?" Gojo had a hint of sorrow in his tone.

I sighed, looking up at him with a light chuckle.

"I made a promise with him since I was overseas with Yuta. And he personally requested not to bring you along."

Gojo froze for a moment, "Well that's just mean of him. After all, I also raised him."

"All you did was bother him," I rolled my eyes. "Maybe that's why his cause of stress is people."

As we arrived at Megumi's door, the door slid open to reveal the boy with an annoyed expression at the sight of Gojo.

"Sorry, Megumi, but he wouldn't leave," I gave him an apologetic smile.

"As long as he doesn't ruin it, then I guess it's fine..." Megumi mumbled but I knew he was somewhat glad.

After Gojo had teleported us three to one of Tokyo's best sushi resturants, we requested a table. And after waiting for nearly 2 hours because of Gojo's last-minute invitation, we were finally seated.

While I took a seat beside Gojo, Megumi decided to sit in front of us and immediately went for the menu.

Once we finished, Gojo called for our waiter. While I ordered mine and Megumi's order, Gojo begged for me to order his too.

"You're a grown man, Satoru."

"But Megumi's--"

"A child. Not even at legal age."

"Fine," he turned to the waiter, "I'll get the mochi ice cream."

"Will that be all, sir?" The waiter asked.

"Yup!"

The waiter nodded and walked off with our orders while Megumi and I glared at him.

"Seriously? That's all you're going to eat?" I scowled.

"Mhm! I already ate before coming here," Gojo smiled, waving his hand.

"There was no point of you coming here and wasting 2 hours of our time," Megumi sighed, face-palming himself.

Crossing my arms, I nodded in agreement.

"Why are you two always ganging up on me?" Gojo frowned, "Y/n, you're my wife! You should be siding with me!"

"I know, dear. But, sometimes, well... You..." I paused, not sure how to put it in a nice way.

"You're immature and she wants a divorce." Megumi plainly says as I kicked him from under the table.

"Fushiguro Megumi," I glared at the boy, "be polite."

While he winced in pain, rubbing his shin, I placed a gentle hand over Gojo's shoulder.

"Never mind that, let's just enjoy our dinner together," I smiled with my eyes closed.

"Some birthday to hit the birthday boy," Gojo added.

I shook my head, rolling my eyes. "Yeah, yeah, say whatever you want. But let me tell you this, your pe--"

"Okay! Let's stop here and not hurt anyone's feelings here!" Gojo chuckled and wrapped an arm over me.

Megumi cracked a smile as Gojo continued blabbering. As I watched the two, I smiled back, making sure to remember this moment.

Once our food arrived, Megumi and I went straight into our meal while Gojo happily watched us with his ice cream.

"Oh! Let's take a picture!" Gojo leaned toward me and whipped out his phone from his pocket. "Everyone say, 'happy birthday'!"

"Happy birthday!"

"Wait, but--"

Gojo clicked on the button several times and pulled away as he went through the pictures.

"Jeez, Megumi, you need to work on your smile!"

Megumi remained silent but grumbled under his breath as he stuffed his face with pickled ginger.

I cracked a chuckle, leaning over to check the pictures with Gojo.

"He's right," I also pulled out my phone. "You used to smile a lot when we took pictures together."

Gojo turned to me as we went through our old pictures with Megumi when he was younger. I had many happy photos with Megumi and Gojo, however, Gojo had a few with many annoyed child Megumi.

"How come you have better pictures of him?" Gojo pointed out.

"I wonder why," Megumi mumbled, taking another piece of ginger.

"Eh?!"

Smiling in annoyance, I tightened my grip over my husband's shoulder.

"Satoru, why don't you be a dear and pay for dinner?"

"Of course," he quickly got up from his seat, "anything for my lady."

While he was gone, Megumi and I sighed as we leaned back against our seats. When we realized we were synchronized, we both laughed it off.

"You really rubbed off a lot from me, huh, Megumi kun," I smiled, sitting back up.

Despite having to intervene and raise Megumi at a young age, I still found him as a son figure.

"Who else raised me?" He rose a brow, crossing his arms.

I smiled back as I reached for my bag and handed him a small wrapped box, "This may be late, but better than never. Happy birthday, Megumi."

As Megumi opened it, Gojo silently came back with both hands in his pocket.

"Do you like it?" I leaned over the table, "It may not be much, but, I know how much you love you Divine Dogs, so I got it custom made."

"While you were with Yuta?" Gojo asked as I nodded.

Megumi nodded, showing off his Divine Dog keychain.

"Thank you, Y/n san." He had a bright, yet most gentle smile.

Immediately, Gojo had to take pictures of this moment. Taking pictures at different angles with his flash on, Megumi's smile quickly faded.

"All right, that's enough," I said, shooing Gojo away as I got up. "Let's start heading home."

Exiting out of the building and into a corner of an alleyway, Gojo teleported Megumi back to his dorm and us back to our home.