Chapter 20

"Satoru... Please, you can't do this to us! Don't you love us--"

"You've already manipulated me and my family enough... Now tell me where Y/n is."

"I'm sorry, Satoru..." I cried, protectively covering my bump from instinct. "Please, you have to do it. For the sake of humanity..."

"Y/N!"

"Y/n?"

My eyes shot open and my body jerked back as Satoru blinked back in surprise.

"Are you all right?" My husband went to reach out for me but I pushed his hand away, clutching onto my head.

"I'm fine... I just had a nightmare, that's all..."

Looking around my surroundings, I remembered that we were on the way to see the new place.

"I'm sorry for interrupting, but we've arrived," Ijichi called as the car came to a stop.

"Thank you, Ijichi," I nodded and exited with Satoru's help.

Ijichi climbed out after and led us towards the door with the keys.

Once he had the door opened, Satoru and I entered first with Ijichi following after us.

Inside, it was very much modern and spacious with the windows brightly lighting the room.

"Wow, you really outdid yourself, Ijichi," I smiled, taking in the view.

"Ah, well, Satoru told me what you specifically wanted and this was the best option we could find."

Ijichi adjusted his glasses before politely clasping his hands together.

"Thank you," I beamed at him then at my husband who flashed me a cocky smile.

"I told you not to worry about it."

"Don't be full of yourself, hun." I scoffed, brushing a hand over his chest before getting a full view of the home.

From the front door, was a hallway that led us to the kitchen and dining room. In the kitchen, there was a small island in the center, attached to a stove that separated it from the living room.

As for the living room hung a small chandelier with vaulted ceiling windows, and on the side located a small, yet minimalist bathroom. Beside the bathroom was another room that could be used as a guest or study room. On the other side of the living room led us to a spacious backyard with a pool.

Back inside towards the side of the living room were stairs with glass railings that led upstairs to the bedrooms; a master bedroom with a luxurious bathroom, and two normal bedrooms with a bathroom in between.

"Three bedrooms..." I looked down the hallway, lightly grazing my fingers against the doorframe when something caught my attention.

A small blurred figure ran out, effortlessly through me and into the master bedroom where I subconsciously followed after.

"Papa! Papa!"

A tired Satoru was sitting on the edge of the bed, holding onto something, but quickly hid it as the little girl entered the room. And as she appeared before him, Satoru immediately wiped away what appeared to be tears and flashed her a quick smile as if he was perfectly fine...

"Satoru..?"

"Yes, my little angel?"

"Daichi's bothering me again!" She pouted, bringing both arms up for uppies.

Satoru chuckled, reaching out to pick up her as a little boy hectically barged in right after.

Fraternal twins?

I blinked in surprise as I had unintentionally exposed the gender of my twins. But was washed away with a smile of excitement as the boy bickered.

"No, I'm not! Nara won't play with me!"

"Speaking of the little devil, come here!"

With the girl in one arm, Satoru stretched out his other arm, scrunching his fingers to chase after the boy.

In response, the boy let out a squeal and faded away as he rushed out with Satoru and our daughter trailing behind.

"You two should be sleeping! Now, the big and scary monster will catch you! Rawr!" Satoru and the twin's figure then perished within sight.

Although their figures vanished, I remained to stare down the hallway when a voice drew my attention back.

"You see? They're harmless. So why should we listen to what those old geezers want?"

"Satoru? Was that you?"

"Yes, my love?" His voice came from behind as I turned to my husband. "Did something happen?"

Not realizing my eyes were glowing, Satoru approached me and wrapped an arm around my shoulder, allowing me to lightly lean into his embrace.

"You don't look too good, babe," He chuckled as he rubbed my arm.

"Do I?" I pulled away to touch my cheeks, "Maybe I'm just a little tired. This whole pregnancy is new to me after all," I sheepishly smiled.

"Are you sure? I think you--"

I brought a hand up to stop him and grabbed Ijichi's attention, "Could you notify the estate we're willing to purchase this home? Send the information to my email and I'll send a check over."

Then snapping my fingers, I pointed at the door and exited without another word.

"That was a close one. You need to be more careful!"

"Of what?" I looked around to realize I wasn't talking to anyone.

Instead, Ijichi was busily making a phone call while Satoru locked the door.

My little angel and devil...

I chuckled and envisioned two small children running toward me as Satoru and Ijichi trailed behind them.

Unlocking the car, Satoru opened the door for me and helped me inside before climbing in.

On the way back home, Satoru held onto my hand, using his thumb to rub small circles as a way of showing affection.

"Do you want to explain why my beautiful wife was smiling earlier?"

I blinked at him, "You saw that?"

"Obviously," He chuckled, his pupils dilating, "You have a habit of bringing a hand up to your lips when you think, or see something enjoyable?"

"Well, about that--"

"You need to stop using Timeless, Y/n." Satoru had a sudden tone of sternness that caught me off guard, "I want you to focus on your health."

I scoffed, "Satoru, I don't understand how that has to do with my health. I'm fine."

Satoru remained quiet.

"But, to answer your question, I found out the twin's gender."

"I'm all ears," Satoru helplessly cracked a small smile.

"Then I guess I'll have to surprise you and the others."

"What?!" Satoru whined as Ijichi snickered from his seat before quickly composing himself.

"That will be an interesting journey," Ijichi commented as I nodded in agreement.