Chapter 29

But as another week went by, my condition worsened.

My headaches became more unbearable, causing brief faintings, along with mild cramps that worried my husband.

"We will be hearing more of your wife's condition, Satoru. Make sure you keep reporting back her condition. Or else--..."

The vision blurred away, and only then did a bright light of warmth surround me, snapping me out of my trance.

"Woah there," Satoru had caught me mid-fall. "What are you doing out of bed, my love?"

"Huh..? What?" I looked around, also puzzled to find ourselves on the stairs. "Oh, right. I wanted to sit on the couch."

Satoru sighed, cautiously guiding me down the stairs and onto the couch, "If you want to go anywhere, just call me. I'll bring whatever or even carry you down the stairs."

"That's a bit unnecessary, honey... You don't have to do all this."

But he didn't seem like he was having it.

"Of course I do. Why else do you think I married and impregnated you?"

"Excuse me?" I laughed, "Was that the only reason?"

"No," Satoru joked. "Obviously, I fell for your charms and humor, despite being under some rough circumstances."

I chuckled at my husband, knowing he was referring to our constant quarrels back in Jujutsu High.

"Same back at you, hun."

My husband smiled warmly, his gaze softening as he went to cradle my face.

"Oh, which reminds me, Shoko and Nanamin are coming over today."

"For what?"

Satoru pulled away to give my hands a gentle squeeze, "I asked if they could come in and take a look at your health."

But I scoffed, lightly punching his shoulder, "Honey, that's such a hassle for them! They don't need to come here, besides, I'm fine."

"No, it's not." He insisted, "There's something wrong and we need to get it checked out before you and the twins get sick."

I could detect the worry in his tone, which made me give in.

"Fine... But if there's nothing wrong, you owe me a whole platter of sushi after I give birth."

Satoru laughed at my comment, "Anything for you, sweet cheeks."

For the time being, Satoru and I cuddled on the couch while watching a comedy movie, when suddenly our doorbell rang.

"Go open the door, babe."

"Already on it," My husband flashed a wink at me and headed over to the door. "Nanamin~! Shoko!"

While Satoru greeted them, I was struggling to pull myself off the couch due to my growing belly.

But as I grew close to getting off, I fell back into the cushions.

"Oof!" I huffed out, holding onto my bump, "You two are getting too heavy for Mommy."

And just the thought of that brought a smile to my face. Our due date was growing closer by the minute and I couldn't wait to meet our bundles of joy.

Eventually, I managed to pull myself off by supporting myself on the armrest and made my way over to them.

"Kento! Shoko! It's so nice to see you two," I waved at them.

However, their responses weren't as welcoming as I expected.

Instead, Shoko's and Nanami's usual nonchalant expressions cracked. Their eyes widened and their bodies stiffened as if something was bothering them.

Was there something behind me?

I turned around to look, but there was nothing.

"Is something wrong?" I looked back at them, yet my husband swatted the topic away.

"Of course not!" Satoru chuckled as he guided m back inside and to the dining room. "They're probably just surprised by the bump, babe."

Satoru had pulled a chair out for me and I gave him a grateful smile before settling down. Once I got myself comfortable, he pushed in my chair, leaving some space for my belly before taking his seat. As for the others, they took a seat in front of us.

"Say, Y/n,," Shoko starts, "when was the last time you got a full night's rest?"

I gave her a sheepish smile, lightly touching my cheek subconsciously, "Is it that noticeable?"

"Yeah..."

"Well, it's probably because I've reached my third trimester?" I let out a light-hearted chuckle.

In response, Shoko and the others glanced a look at each other that I couldn't read.

But before I could ask, there was a sudden sharp pain that struck my head.

Immediately, I clutched onto my head, wincing at the pain. Meanwhile, Satoru rushed over to my side.

"Honey, you--"

"No," I cut him off, "I'm all right... Really."

Despite my calm tone, the world around me felt like it was spinning and my body was ready to give into my husband's embrace at any moment.

"You need rest, Y/n," Shoko said as she approached me, meanwhile Nanami seemed tensed up. "You and the twins need to be well taken care of."

"Doctor's right," Satoru smiled warmly at me, his arm snaking around my waist. "C'mon, babe. Let's get you to the living room."

I glanced over at Nanami and Shoko, who insisted I go. 

"You need to rest, Y/n," Nanami nodded.

And with a defeated sigh, I turned to my husband, "Okay..."

Satoru cautiously helped me up guided me over to the living room. He helped me settle in comfortably on the couch, grabbing a pillow and wrapping a blanket over me.

"Is this comfy enough? Do you me to stay and cuddle with you?"

"It's more than enough, dear." I cupped his cheek with my hand, "And thank you."

Satoru smiled at me, softly caressing the back of my hand before slipping it under the blanket.

"I love you, baby. Get some rest." He leaned over to plant a kiss on my forehead and turned to leave.

Once he left, I couldn't help but notice how exhausted I was until I felt some piercing through me.

"What do you want?" I called out.

The Parasite blended in with the shadows but only its devilish smile and eyes glowed, its gaze locked on me.

"I just need you to comply with me."

Its massive arm outstretched towards me, claws extended and sharp.

"No. All you did was manipulate me." I glared at the curse, "I've fallen for your tricks, but not this time."

"Mhm, I see we're playing this game."

Its smile grew larger, more mischievous but I stood my ground, along with a protective hand over my bump.

"And if I need to protect my family, I will do whatever it means to save them from you. Even if it kills me."

"Good, because you're forgetting one important thing, sweetheart. You created me. And you can't get rid of me that easily."