Chapter 10

"Haibara?!" I burst through the door, panting to find Geto standing beside the lifeless body.

At that moment, I couldn't process anything. My mind swirled with emotions, affecting my legs to go weak and collapse onto the floor.

"Y/n," Nanami softly mumbled from the chair, unbothered to lift the cloth covering his eyes, "we couldn't do it..."

Tears ran down my cheeks as I stared at Haibara's figure, only to notice his missing lower body.

A pair of footsteps sounded toward me and I looked up with teary eyes to find Geto with an extended hand.

"C'mon Y/n, let's also get you treat--"

"No..! I can do this..!" I frantically got up myself and took my stance, "It's not too late! I can still use Timeless! It'll fix everything! Haibara--"

"Y/n."

"He'll still be alive--"

"Y/n!"

"What?!" I angrily shouted back at Geto, hot tears running down my cheeks.

Geto sighed as he placed both hands over my shoulders, "Breathe. I need you to calm down before you curse--"

"Tch!" I scoffed, pulling away from him. "None of this would've happened if you guys weren't so cocky and reckless! Better yet, didn't make me team up with you two; Gojo Satoru and Geto Suguru, the two most powerful sorcerers."

"Y/n, please don't be like..." Geto gave me a pitiful look but I brushed it off.

"Even Gojo stated that you two alone are the strongest. You guys didn't need me; Haibara and Nanami did." I scowled and stormed out of the room.

If I could use Timeless at that moment, I would've. However, that would cost me to curse you in the process, Haibara...

And I couldn't do that.

After retrieving my memories, I slipped back into reality only to find night has broke.

My crimson-red eyes dulled back to their original color as I felt myself slump to the side when a pair of large arms wrapped around me.

"Woah there," Gojo lightly chuckled. "I guess we overstayed our visit, hmm? What do you say, Haibara?"

Gojo and I turned back to the gravestone, expecting a response like idiots.

Nothing.

I sighed and slowly raised a hand up.

"I'll see you later, Yu..."

"C'mon, it's getting cold." Nanami motioned us before turning away with both hands in his pocket.

"Let's go, love. You and the baby need to get some rest."

I looked back at my husband who was still holding onto me.

"All right."

Smiling at me, Satoru took my hand and we began to walk off when I saw what seemed to be Haibara's figure.

I froze, staring with widened eyes in disbelief.

Haibara was standing beside Nanami, looking at the blonde with a cheerful smile until he turned to me.

His expression changed as his smile softened warmingly.

"Keep it up, you two..."

I blinked and his figure vanished.

Still in shock, Gojo waved his hand before me to catch my attention.

"Y/n? Love? You there?"

"Sorry," I shook my head. "Maybe I am a little tired..."

Gojo chuckled, pulling me closer to him as we approached Nanami, who was waiting on the steps.

"When we get home, I'll make sure to make you as comfortable as I can, and massage your back and feet," Gojo says.

Nanami scoffed, "Since when were you like this?"

"Since day 1," Gojo huffed back at Nanami.

I shook my head, chuckling as we eventually reached the top.

"Get home safely, okay?"

Nanami turned to face us, nodding.

"You too."

But before we could part ways, I abruptly turned back and called out for the blonde.

"Wait, Nanami, since you're off tomorrow, why don't we meet up at the bakery?" I suggested.

Gojo glanced at the blonde then back at me, "But don't you have class tomorrow?"

"Apparently Yaga texted me saying you're teaching the class."

"Really?" Nanami rose a brow.

"I don't know what he's thinking, but I'll hand you the folder and schedule, so, please, follow it," I sighed.

"Of course, Your Majesty!" Gojo saluted me with a bright smile.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow at noon then, Y/n," Nanami said.

I nodded back and watched Nanami take his leave before linking with my husband's arm.

"Now, do you want to get dinner?" I asked with a smirk.

"Is that a date?" He lowered his sunglasses with narrowed eyes.

"No," I chuckled as I placed a hand over my stomach. "Call Megumi. Let's invite him over and have dinner together."

However, Gojo remained still, staring at me with both eyes still narrowed.

"You're acting weird..."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You're nicer than usual... It's either because it's Haibara's death anniversary or your pregnancy hormones are kicking in."

I rolled my eyes and punched his arm, "Oh, shut up, will you? How many times do I have to say that I'm only 8 weeks in?"

"That's still something," Gojo muttered. "Now, shall we, Your Majesty?"

I smiled back at him, "Yes. Now, call Megumi, will you? Before the baby and I get hangry."

Walking down the moonlit sidewalk, Gojo wrapped an arm around my waist as he also had access to touch my barely visible bump.

"Oi, Megumi! Y/n wants dinner together so get ready! No questions asked. Bye~!" Gojo gleefully says before hanging up. "So, are you craving anything?"

"Mhm..." I pondered for a moment, "I am craving fried chicken."

Gojo blinked, followed by a chuckle.

"Really?"

"Mhm! What about KFC?" I perked up at him, "There's one on the way home."

"Are you positive? Get it? Hehehe."

"If you're attempting to come up with dad jokes I'm kicking you out of the apartment," I grumbled.

"What?!" Gojo whined, "But that was a good one!"

"Good my ass."

Gojo laughed before stepping forward to block my path with his body.

His tall figure towered over my small frame as he looked down at me with a gentle smile. Gojo then reached out for my hand as the other held onto my chin.

"Your ass is not good-- It's bootylicious."

And before I could react to his ridiculous comment, he grabbed my ass followed by a slap.

"Gojo Satoru!"

"What?!"