Chapter 27

After the incident, it wasn't easy to continue normally. My mother-in-law was still in shock, so we had to call my father-in-law. However, she began to throw a fit, demanding that we have a family discussion.

Satoru disagreed, but I agreed with the idea. 

After all, it was my fault that I could not control myself.

"At least that's something we can agree on," His mother let out a small breath, her gaze locked on my every move.

"Right..." I turned away and approached my husband, "If you need anything, I'll be sitting outside."

But before I could walk past him, he grabbed my arm with a concerned look.

"It's getting dark out. Why don't you rest upstairs?"

I shook my head, "I just need some fresh air, honey. I'll be all right."

He was hesitant for a moment before finally letting go.

"Just... Keep yourself warm. It'll get cold and I can't risk you getting yourself sick while pregnant." My husband slipped out of his jacket and wrapped it over my shoulders.

I flashed him a small grateful smile before pulling away to the front porch, making myself comfortable on the steps. But after being able to have a few minutes to myself, the door opened and closed to reveal Yuta.

"Do you mind if I join you?" He gave me a weak smile before I chuckled.

"Did my husband send you?"

"Yes and no."

I sighed and gazed over the yard without another word. For an hour, we sat in silence comfortably as our company was enough to fill the void.

When finally my father-in-law arrived, he climbed out of the car and noticed me and Yuta sitting outside.

I glanced up at him, seeing his solemn expression, and without a word, he headed inside the house. Whereas I remained put, wanting to avoid the battlefield inside.

But as it grew dark, I had to send Yuta back to the dorms. To continue his studies, along with his and Rika's safety...

"Are you sure you still want me to leave? I can sleep over for another night if that helps?" Yuta looked up at me with pleading eyes.

But I chuckled lightly, "As much as I love your company, Yuta, you should be worrying about catching up with your homework." And before the boy could say another word, I waved to Ijichi. "Drive safely."

Ijichi nodded and drove off. As I watched them drive out of my view, I was finally left to face my reality.

I exhaled deeply before turning back inside the house where Satoru and his parents were sitting in the dining room, completely engrossed in their conversation.

As I approached closer to the table, Satoru sensed my presence and urged me to sit beside him, whereas his parents both sat across.

But as I settled down into my seat, I noticed that both my mother and father-in-law were watching my every move.

"Satoru, this is a matter of time," His father sighed. "We need to take action before lives will be at stake."

"No. Let's give it some time and then I'll see what I need to do." He calmly says, however, there is a bit of bitterness in his tone.

"Gojo Satoru!" His mother frowned, "This is an issue that cannot be dragged on any longer! My life was already at stake and you're still willing to wait it out? When will you face it that Y/n is a--"

Suddenly, Satoru's seat flew back as he abruptly stood up, "I am the Head of the Gojo Clan. I've made my decision that we will wait until I say so. If anything, I will take full responsibility for this matter. End of conversation."

I blinked back at his disruptive behavior before looking back at my in-law's responses.

My father-in-law had no words, shaking his head with disapproval while Mother furiously glared over Satoru.

"I suppose we'll take our leave now." His father looked up between us before lingering his gaze on me, "Y/n, please be careful of what may be unleashed..." 

I dipped my head, distinctively wrapping an arm around my bump, "Yes, Father."

Once the door sounded shut after them, Satoru collapsed back into his seat, removing his blindfold to reveal his luscious white lashes.

His eyes remained shut, but he let out a deep sigh before slowly opening his eyes. Satoru's gaze immediately landed on me and he flashed me a small smile.

"How was my performance?"

"Seriously?" 

He chuckled in response, sitting up straight to wrap his hands around my bump.

"Did Daddy look cool little ones? I bet he did! Because once you're born, I'll make sure to protect you two and your mother."

My husband looked back up at me, his gaze softening.

"Satoru..."

"C'mon, let's take a hot bubble bath before bed." He gently took my hand, letting his lips graze it before finally guiding me upstairs.

However, in the pit of my stomach, I couldn't help to feel uneasy. As if the worst will come for us now that we know about the Parasite's existence.

"Why are you being so worked up? I'll make sure everything goes smoothly for you... Then these twins will finally be under my--"

I woke up startled, breathing heavily while accidentally waking up my husband.

"Y/n? What's wrong? Are you feeling unwell?" Although he was dazed from his slumber, his tone was filled with worry and panic.

"No... no... No! That cannot happen!"

I let out a bloody cry, frightened as the memories came flashing to me. But Satoru quickly sat me up, tightly embracing me as my eyes remained shut, hoping they would disappear.

"Hey, hey, deep breaths... You're safe with me..." Satoru warmly rubbed his hand against my back.

"But you're not..." I cried, wiping my tears onto his shirt, "I'm too dangerous to be around..."

"Stop it. You're forgetting that your husband is the strongest Jujutsu sorcerer out here." He pulled me back, flashing me that cocky smile of his.

"Are you really going to fight Sukuna's vessel?" I frowned at Satoru while assisting the injured Megumi.

"Yeah, yeah. It's okay. I'm the strongest."  He playfully winked back at me before facing the pink-haired boy.

"Cocky much..." I grumbled under my breath.

"No. Once I regain all my strength, I will take over this body, along with the twins' abilities, and the mighty Gojo Satoru will fall. Then no one will be there to protect the weak."