Chapter 22

After a couple of days, our estate confirmed our information and we were able to move right in.

While Satoru busily brought in a couple of boxes, I went out to grab another box to help.

Avoiding my baby bump, I turned to my side to pick up the box, allowing it to rest on my hip.

However, my husband came rushing out to snatch it away from me with a smile.

"Nah-ah-ah! You're not allowed to lift a single thing. I'll handle it, so why don't my pretty wife sit and relax?"

"Why? Hmm? I'm capable of lifting boxes."

I reached out for a smaller box, but Satoru also managed to snatch it away.

"What did I just say?"

"What did I just say." I mocked my husband before grabbing another box.

"There's really no stopping you, huh?"

"Nuh-uh." I shook my head and walked back inside.

"And that's one reason why I love you."

Satoru happily sighed before following after me.

After we managed to bring most of the boxes inside, I began walking around with a mental map of how to decorate the house.

"So our couch is going to be here... And then we're going to have a desk over there..."

"L/n sensei!" Two familiar voices shouted in unison from the front door.

I turned around and noticed Itadori and Nobara both rushing toward me, their arms opened wide until Satoru interfered.

With Satoru's Infinity, the two stumbled back without budging him.

"No threats allowed," He says before Nobara could roast him.

"What's that supposed to mean? Your own existence is a threat to--"

"That's enough, Nobara." I chuckled before bringing the two into a cautious embrace.

"Do we need to eliminate her too? How dare she talk down about my husband!"

"Y/n?"

"Sukuna Ryomen."

"How interesting to see you cursing someone's children, Parasite."

"You flatter me, love."

"Y/n."

I blinked back to find myself and Itadori glaring at each other, not noticing the aura when Nobara and Megumi stood defensively.

"Honey, why don't you go rest up." My husband gently placed his hands around my waist, guiding me up to our bedroom. "The students can take care of the other boxes."

"What do you mean? Did you send them to help unpack? Satoru, they're supposed to be sent out on missions!"

As we entered the bedroom, Satoru sat me down and began to rub my back affectionately.

"This is a mission," Satoru chuckled.

I sighed, leaning my head over his shoulder as my eyes drifted down to my hands.

My blood stained hands...

As I slowly looked up in horror, I found my husband sluggishly standing before me with a weak smile.

"Honey..?"

"Hey, love..."

Although my memory was a blur, taking in Satoru's badly wounded appearance and my bloodied hands was clear enough to piece the puzzle.