Chapter 18

"Satoru..?"

Eyes widened, I stared at my husband who was kneeling before me, heavily bleeding from his side with a blank expression.

"Why didn't you protect us?!" I shouted out of a sudden. "You promised me that you would! You promised us! Now, look at what you've done!"

Horrified, I covered my mouth, tears streaming down my cheek as if I didn't mean to say those words.

"Wait-- No, Satoru, I-- I didn't--"

Letting out a harsh cough, I went to cover my mouth with my hands. But once I pulled away, I looked down to see my hands stained with blood.

As I looked back at my husband, he was standing before me.

However, he wasn't wounded...

Instead, he was stained with the blood that wasn't his.

Was that my blood..?

"I'm so sorry, Y/n..."

My eyes immediately shot up as I frantically got up from the bed, hyperventilating.

It was just a dream...

Running my hand through my hair, I reflected back on the nightmare when a voice snapped me back.

"...L/n san?"

"Megumi..?" I looked over to my bedside to find the boy adjusting the flowers, "How long have you been here?"

"An hour ago, but are you okay? You're sweating."

I wiped my forehead, realizing that he was right.

"Yeah... I just need a quick shower," I cautiously climbed out of bed to find the sky has fallen dark. "Has Gojo said anything to you, Megumi?"

But the boy shook his head, helping me to my feet as he brought a duffle bag into the bathroom.

"He only told me you took a bad fall and to visit you at the hospital while he stopped by home."

"I see..."

"But this wasn't any fall, right?" He raised a brow at me as I shooed him away. "I know you're not that clumsy, L/n."

"I can't say, Gumi." I weakly smiled and locked the door after.

Turning on the shower faucet, I waited a couple of minutes for the water to warm up before stepping in.

I didn't want to tell Megumi the bad things about Gojo's family, although he probably knew how shitty they were.

But that they tried to terminate my pregnancy?

I just couldn't say that...

"That's because the Gojo Clan wants to shut us out. They have no idea how capable--"

"Can you stop it?!" I growled, slamming my fists against the tiles.

As I stared down at my feet as the hot water showered over my body.

"What's has gotten into me..?" I finally let out a soft sigh.

Maybe it was because I was overwhelmed by what has been happening lately. And maybe that was why I had that horrible nightmare...

Once I had my act together and tidied up, I stepped out of the bathroom with the steam escaping.

"There's my beautiful wife!"

I perked over to find Gojo smiling from ear to ear with his arms wide open for me.

"I hope Megumi kept you company?"

"I told you, she was napping when I arrived," The boy grumbled from behind.

"Satoru," I said, "I want to go home."

"What?" He stepped back from our hug. "But the doctor said that you needed to--"

"I said, I want to go home! What is it that you don't understand, peasant?! Or do I need to rip out your ears?"

"Please, Satoru."

Gojo hesitated for a moment before raising a hand to cup my cheek.

"All right. I'll see what I can do, love."

And he left the room without another word.

Drooping my shoulders, I turned away to pack my belongings.

"Are you just going to stand there and stare?"

My back was facing Megumi, but I could feel his intense stare from behind.

However, the boy remained quiet until I turned back to face him with a cocked brow.

"Shouldn't you stay here and rest?"

"I rather do that at home than stay here with cursed spirits roaming around."

I eyed him a look over the corner of my room to find a small cursed spirit sitting.

"Right... But what if they don't let us?"

"Then we force our way out," I shrugged and tossed the duffle bag at him.

The boy huffed, rolling his eyes when Satoru and a doctor entered.

"Although I am strongly against this, I'm trusting you to watch her health. So, let's make sure everything is in stable condition."

The doctor softly smiled and went to work while Satoru winked at me from the door, mouthing the words:

"Your welcome~"

After a few examinations, I was finally released and headed straight home with Satoru and Megumi.

Once we arrived, I made my way to the kitchen to make myself a cup of raspberry tea leaf while Satoru ran to the restroom.

"L/n, there's something I've been meaning to ask you," Megumi walked in after me.

"Mhm?" I hummed, dipping the tea bag.

However, Megumi was hesitant to continue. Instead, his gaze remained glued on me as he stood across from me before finally speaking.

"Never mind..."

"Are you sure?" I passed him a cup of sweetened chamomile tea. "You look like you've seen a ghost, Gumi."

As I took a seat beside him, Megumi stared down at the cup before back at me.

"What exactly happened yesterday?" Megumi asked, his brows furrowed with concern.

After taking a sip of my tea, I placed the cup down before making eye contact with the boy.

"Some words were exchanged during breakfast. Things may have escalated from there, but Satoru handled the situation." I then flashed him a small smile, "So don't worry about anything, all right? We're fine."

"And stay out of it, brat."

Satoru then made his way over behind Megumi's seat, placing both hands on the boys shoulders.

"Megumi~" Satoru happily hummed, "I think we should take her word before she gets cranky."

Hastily, Satoru grabbed the boy by the collar of his shirt and dragged him away before I could say anything.

"Wait, Sat--" I didn't bother to continue but took another sip of the tea.