Chapter 28

As the week went by, my belly continued to grow and so was the guilt that was weighing on me.

The guilt that Satoru was willing to put himself in danger just to protect me. Even though his wife is carrying his unborn twins, alongside a curse...

Deep into thought, I tried to find possible ways that could fix this mess. Along with backtracking how this even started...

"You're not worthy of our family!"

"Twins are a bad omen! You'll end up cursing us all!"

"Death to the twins!"

"Maki... I know you don't want to talk about your family, but I need your help--"

I clutched onto my head, wincing at the sudden sharp pain.

"What are you doing?!" A voice hissed, its eyes gleamed with bloodlust. "Looking back at them won't help you!"

"You're right... There's no point in all of this..."

"Y/n! Snap out of it!" Satoru's piercing voice rang through my ears.

"...Honey?" I reluctantly opened my eyes, only to find myself in a dark hole with no light in sight. But as I was about to close my eyes again, my husband's voice continued to fill the air around me.

"Y/n, you need to listen to me and stop beating yourself up! None of this is your fault, so for the love of our twins, please! Please, come back to me..."

"You foolish imbecile! Don't listen to him!" Another distorted voice shook the ground. "Can't you tell what he's trying to do?! He's trying to tear us apart!"

"I love you."

"Satoru..."

"He's only manipulating you so you can let your guard down. Then he'll kill us! Just like what the Gojo family and higher-ups wanted..."

"No, my husband... He's waiting for me..."

"Y/n, don't." The voice grew louder, more aggressive.

"I want to follow him..."

"Y/n!"

"Y/n..." My husband crouched before me, worry clouding his eyes as I finally met his gaze. "Hey, you all right? Do you need medicine?"

"No, I'm okay. Thank you, though."

"Baby, that's the third time today. And the day barely started."

Satoru stood up and went to sit beside me on the couch, one arm around my waist as the other caressed my bump.

"I know... But seriously, I'm fine, honey." I flashed him a weak smile.

My husband stared at me for a moment before wrinkling his brows together.

"You're not fooling me. I know that smile, and when was the last time you had a fully rested beauty sleep?"

He raised a cocky brow at me, suddenly flushing me with anger.

"Oh, sorry I can't maintain my beauty. It's not like your wife has to go through body and hormonal changes, not to mention a stressful pregnancy! Now you just notice my eye bags?!"

Satoru stared at me, completely stunned before flashing a relieving smirk. "You know, I was getting worried that you haven't nagged at me for the past few days. But I guess there's nothing to worry about."

I rolled my eyes at him, crossing my arms while he went to wrap his arms around me.

"I can schedule you an appointment to the spa or the sauna if you'd like, my love. Just say the word."

I couldn't help but crack a smile back at him, "A spa day would sound nice... But I rather have a nice, hot bubble bath that you prepared for me last time."

Helplessly, I fondly recalled back to the memory where he would occasionally prepare a relaxing bath whenever I was stressed or needed a getaway relaxation.

After working overtime for the past few weeks, I threw myself onto the couch, exhausted.

Despite finally having a minute to myself, I felt a pair of powerful hands gently knead my shoulders, causing me to melt into them.

"Was today tiring?" Satoru softly asks.

I sighed deeply, along with a groan. "Very..."

My fiancee at the time chuckled before settling beside me, taking his hands in mine.

"Why don't you freshen up? Then, we can cuddle and watch your favorite movies if you like."

My eyes slowly opened, tilting my head forward to face him with a small smile.

"Only if there will be ice cream."

"Deal."

I chuckled and headed upstairs with him trailing behind me, only to be surprised by what Satoru had done to the bathroom.

There were rose petals scattered across the tiles, a steaming hot bubble bath already prepared, scented candles lit over the toilet, and a small tray with wine and two glasses.

"Satoru!" I scoffed with disbelief, 'What is all this?"

"Just a little romantic, stress-relieving gesture for my soon-to-be bride," He snickered back at me, snaking his arms around my waist.

"Well, I will say, it's quite cliche. But, I love it."

I tilted my head up to face him, letting our lips touch into a sensational kiss before finally pulling away.

"Now, let's you naked, and rested." Satoru playfully winked at me.

While I let myself reminisce back into our memories, I was eventually cut back into reality when Satoru's phone buzzed.

Satoru glanced over it before letting out a loud groan, "Sorry, baby."

"Is Yaga calling you?"

"Hmm? Oh, yeah! He wants me to head over for a meeting with the other instructors."

However, something about it made me feel uneasy. Yet I decided to shrug it off.

"Oh... Okay." I nodded at him, helplessly noticing how hesitant Satoru was to leave my side.

"Are you sure you'll be okay by yourself? I could just decline and stay with you instead. Just say the word, babe." Satoru placed a warm hand over my bump, but I pulled his hand away with a reassuring smile.

"It'll be all right. We'll be right here when you come back home."

"Okay... I love you. It'll be quick! I promise! Love you!"

I chuckled, "I love you more."

I watched him slowly take his time leaving, laughing as he purposefully bumped into the wall before finally exiting the house.

And before I knew it, I felt all alone in our big home.