chapter 7

˚ ˚
so i don't blame you
if you want to
bury me in your memory

Natasha sat next to Wanda on Wanda's bed in the compound, one hand on her back as Wanda cried silently.

Clint stood in the doorway, his arms crossed. "I'm so sorry Wanda. It's all my fault." He looked down while talking.

"It's not your fault." She looked up at him smiling sadly. "Can I just be alone right now?"

Both Natasha and Clint nodded kindly at the young girl, leaving the room and closing the door.

Wanda wiped her tears sitting in silence for a second before grabbing the remote for the television in her room.

She put on a sitcom.

Sitcoms were the only comforting thing left in her life. Now Pietro was gone, she really had no family left. Sitcoms felt like the only consistency left for the young girl.

She remembered times where her, Pietro and her parents would watch sitcoms together at dinner. Which then grew into times where her, Pietro and Lana watched sitcoms together. Now it was just her.

"Vision?" Wanda called out.

Vision then came through the wall, Wanda had felt his presence.

She liked the robot, they were both lonely. They both felt out of place in this strange superhero world.

Wanda patted the bed, offering him a seat which he accepted quickly. They sat in silence watched the sitcom that was currently playing on the screen.

"Is it funny because of the grievous injury the man just suffered?" Vision asked genuinely.

"No he's not really injured." Wanda replied not looking away from the TV while Vision looked at her side profile.

"Ah, but how can you be certain?" He replied. "It's not that kind of show."

Vision then took a deep breath before continuing.

"Wanda I don't presume to know what you're feeling, but I would like to know. Should you wish to tell me. Should that be of some comfort to you."

Wanda didn't want to talk to Vision. through all of this what she really wanted was her old family. She wanted Pietro. She wanted Lana, but she knew she couldn't have them anymore.

"What makes you think that talking about it would bring me comfort?" Wanda asked rhetorically yet Vision didn't understand that.

"Oh you see I read that-"

"The only thing that would bring me comfort is seeing him again."

There was a small pause between the two.

"Sorry." Wanda whispered "I'm so tired." She inhaled deeply before continuing. "It's just like this wave washing over me, again and again. It knocks me down and when I try to stand up, it just comes for me again. And I can't..."

"It's just gonna drown me."

Vision sat silently for a bit thinking of his response, those seconds Wanda felt completely vulnerable and helpless. Until he replied.

"Well it can't all be sorrow can it? I've always been alone so I don't feel the lack. It's all I've ever known. I've never experience loss because I've never had a loved one to lose."

Wanda nodded sadly at this.

"But what is grief, if not love persevering?"

Wanda had felt a lot of grief, grief for people who weren't even dead yet she'd lost. Pietro, her parents, Lana. She didn't want to lose her when she was still out there and the guilt lived with her everyday. And she knew Pietro felt the same.

Interrupting her thoughts she heard Vision laughing.

"Sorry.." He laughed lightly.

"No it was funny." She smiled at him.