chapter 13

˚ ˚
i always knew the world
moves on, i just didn't know
it would go without me

Wanda was pacing her room, she hadn't been so emotional since Pietro. Vision was sat on her bed, watching the girl walking around stressed and upset about her interaction with Lana.

They had started dating about a year after first meeting, Vision was great to Wanda.

He was kind and accepting and gave her comfort when she needed it. Yet sometimes Wanda felt empty in his company.

And now that Lana was back, she realised this empty feeling around him even more.

"Do you think she's going tomorrow Vis? I don't want her to leave thinking we left because she ever did something wrong.." She ranted.

"Well, maybe you should explain why you did leave?" Vision said, trying to make her calm down.

"But, but there's barely a good enough reason! It was just an act in the moment. A stupid act in the moment where she was too far away to join us, and we would never get another opportunity to leave."

"Lana is not unreasonable. She will see how distressed you are and hear you out."

"I don't know..she seemed really mad at me earlier, obviously."

"Well, I know she's staying for dinner. You could try talking to her tonight. Perhaps you could try to make amends, if that doesn't work at least you know you tried."

Wanda nodded slowly at these words.

———

All the avengers were sat together having dinner. Lana sat next to Natasha at the corner of the table, Tony sat at the head, supervising the girl's behaviour. She was silent throughout dinner.

Wanda and Vision were sat next to each other, Wanda was looking at Lana, trying not to be obvious but Lana saw her every time.

Lana felt a weird sense of jealousy when she saw Wanda with Vision. Maybe it was just weird seeing Wanda so comfortable with someone that wasn't her.

That was supposed to be her. She was supposed to make her laugh when she's sad. She was supposed to comfort her the night Pietro died, she was supposed to go on late night adventures with the girl as they talked about their childhood memories and laughed until their stomachs hurt. It wasn't fair.

When cleaning up the dinner, Vision motioned Wanda to Lana- encouraging his girlfriend to talk to the girl.

Wanda took a deep breath before walking up to Lana. "Hey..can I talk to you, please?" Wanda asked desperately. She'd felt like crying since Lana had arrived. She felt a lot that she had pushed down, which was all coming back now.

Lana thought about what Tony had said earlier, she wanted to try to forgive her. So she nodded.

They walked outside, to get some privacy as they knew the rest of the team was invested in their relationship as if it was reality TV.

"Lana, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry for what happened."

Lana looked at her sadly.

"This is Wanda.."

"Boo! Lana's totally faster than you!"

"Wanda?"

"Guys this isn't funny anymore."

"Okay.."

"Lana please don't do this, please I'm sorry." Tears started to spill out her eyes. "This isn't fair. What else do you want me to do? Lana, I need you."

Lana furrowed her eyebrows at the girl, she acted like it was so easy for Lana, as if she wanted to be in this position.

"And I needed you. And you weren't there. I'm sorry it's not so easy for you, but I can't just forgive you after you ruined my life. I waited for the day you would come back, for years. I can't do it anymore, I can't rely on you anymore."

She really wanted to forgive her, to be her friend again but she just couldn't.