chapter 8

˚ ˚
my words shoot to kill
when i'm mad
i have a lot of regrets about that

Lana had decided it was best to hide away from the world, where she couldn't harm anyone anymore. She had been hiding for 3 years now.

Yet this voice still screamed louder than any thought she could ever try shove down it's loud, obnoxious, commanding sound. She felt like no matter how hard she tried, she could never escape what Hydra had created of her. This destructive monster.

Lana, come back home. You know this isn't your home.

The voice started.

"Shut up." Lana mumbled to herself.

Hydra is your home. They can protect you there.

She tried desperately to ignore the interruption, but it only got louder.

Hydra knows you, they love you. Everyone else would just see you as a monster. As a stupid piece of shit, you think anyone else would accept you?

Lana's eyes turned glossy, it just wouldn't leave her alone. It was continuous- never ending. She felt her trauma circle around her, establishing her worst features like a predator seizing it's prey.

This is is why you have nobody left. They don't understand you the way Hydra does. So just come back home. Hydra is your home.

There was a small pause, the voice started to get more aggressive.

Lana you're wrong for doing this. This shit, running away? You think that's gonna make you fucking happy? You're still under our control. We tried to be nice but you're being irresponsible and selfish. All we've ever done is help you.

All we've ever done is love you.

Was it not enough, Lana?

Is our love not enough for you?

"Shut up!" she screamed, covering her ears desperately. The tears ran down her face continuously until her cheeks were red. "Please please stop...stop!"

"I need..I need to get this thing.." she whispered to herself, she was very out of breath from crying and felt weak on the ground. Her breathing was heavy and loud, her chest moved in an out noticeably more and more.

She walked around the quiet town, for a while. It was 4am at this point, the sun was rising.

She barely knew where she was, what country, what world she had been consumed into.

She went into all the buildings she could that looked like anything medical.

———

"No, you're not listening. There's something wrong with my brain. I need help to fix it." Lana explained trying to not get angry at the ignorant woman.

Standing in front of her was an older lady, wearing a pencil skirt and blouse- completely judging the almost frantic girl standing before her. "Right..we'll look for an examination whenever we can."

"Please tell them it's urgent." Lana added, the lady nodded barely taking what she said into account.

The woman turned around the a phone, tapping in a few numbers into the keypad- Lana observing her every move. "Yes, medical? We have a..brain scan needed."

Lana nodded at these words, taking a deep breath.

You can't leave us. You will never survive without us, you're a murderer- no one will ever accept you they way we did.

Lana winced, trying to shake the unnerving commentary in her head.

You are everything that's wrong with you.

You're so intolerable no one wants to even be around you.

That's why your mother went batshit crazy. That's why your father left. That's why your two best friends escaped without telling you.

You wonder why they didn't tell you Lana? They were escaping you.

You will never be more than a murderer to them.

Hydra is the only one that never left, and will never leave. You will regret doing this for the rest of your life.

The voice was so loud, inescapable.

"Why are you doing this to me? Stop...stop please! Please.." Lana screamed, her hands clenched to her head, scrunching each strand tightly. The commentary continued in her head.

The woman at the front desk looked highly concerned at the teenager screaming at seemly nothing.

She picked the phone back up quickly, now dialling a new number.

"Hello, we need backup for psychosis on the first floor."

"No! I'm not crazy. You're not listening to me!" Lana yelled at the woman desperately, her hands slammed on the desk, knocking down pots of pens and papers.

Lana put her head on the table, sobbing loudly.

A group of people working at the hospital crowded Lana, people watching her like she was manic. They held her by the wrists as the woman tried to keep her calm.

All this was too much.

"No no, you don't understand...they're gone."

A voice younger than her own played in her memories. Hydra played over and over, they were right she could never escape it.

i hate this chapter but i just need to move the story along👎👎