chapter 33

˚ ˚
i used to hear a simple song
that was until
you came along

Days later, there was a funeral, all the avengers and their families were there.

She stood isolated, hugging her chest with her arms in a black cardigan, watching flowers and stones float down a river in Lana's name. She missed her more than words could describe. More than she could fathom herself.

The avengers weren't just Wanda's friends, they were Lana's family- and even if she never said it, she knew that.

Wanda's breath was shaky and her face screamed distress. She looked around to see everyone holding their families at this sight, but her only family left was gone, she had left her grasp, she would never come back to her again.

The group got large flowers, settling them on top of the water and watching them float away, a sign was nailed to the ground stating, "in loving memory of Lana Pierce".

The funeral took place at Clint's house in Westview, everyone went inside except Wanda, the occasional rub on the back or whispered apology as they left the girl alone in the large outside area with boxes of Lana's belongings leant against the walls, they were going to be sold but Wanda wasn't ready to part with them yet. She couldn't accept that she was gone.

She didn't particularly want to be alone, she just didn't want any of the avengers company, she only wanted Lana.

While standing, being swallowed by her own darkness, Wanda felt a small purring by her leg, a cat stepping over the girls feet and stroking itself as if it could sense every emotion Wanda was experiencing. Like it understood.

Wanda looked down at it as tears started to form in her eyes, thinking in Lana's memory, remembering her love for her own childhood feline.

She then picked up a jacket Lana wore while in the hostel, about to put it on until she felt a piece of paper in the pocket.

Her hand searched the large compartment, pulling out a folded map of sorts.

Inside was the outline of a house, a relatively big house especially just for just the young girl, it was a home for a family. The words underneath stating;

To grow old in.
- Lana <3

Only then did it hit that they would never have the chance to live a happy life, the life they had both subconsciously been fighting for for years.

She stepped closer to the water where Lana's spirit had been confined to. She saw the letters from her gravestone floating around her, taunting her. Everyone sat around watching this girls life end thinking, these things happen. When you're a hero things like this happen, you sacrifice, you die.

But this wasn't meant to happen, Lana never wanted this. She wanted a long life with Wanda where they grew old together and loved each other eternally. And now Wanda had taken that away with her, taking her last breaths.

The red headed girl held the note in her hands, hugging it tightly to her chest as she sobbed. Falling to her knees.

She didn't want pity, she wanted Lana near her again. This was supposed to be their happy ending, and she wasn't giving up, even if it took a lifetime.

we could've had it all.