chapter 15

˚ ˚
kiss me in the seat of your rover
real sweet but
i wish you were sober

When at the party, Lana stood by the assortments of finger foods. She didn't eat too much she just watched all the other avengers socialising with the guests.

Was she meant to introduce herself? That sounded like hell, having to be fake nice to about fifty odd people.

She saw Wanda stood with a cup in her hand, taking long sips, and a distressed look on her face. She looked completely wasted, which was weird because the party had just started.

Never less, Lana hated alcohol. It was probably because she watched what it could do to a person, it takes over people's identities until you can't remember what they were like before that first drink.

She saw alcohol take her mother away, she just wasn't a fan.

Wanda knew this but, Lana didn't really care. It wasn't like she was planning to talk to her at all.

Wanda had felt like she was having a prolonged break down, so when she saw a cabinet full of alcohol before the party, it mainly just reminded her of Lana, and she couldn't stop having more and more drinks.

So by the time she had arrived at the party, she was already sloppy drunk. Her makeup was starting to drip because of her continuous crying. The sight of Vision and Lana in the same room, it reminded her of everything she'd lost.

In a time like this, she would normally talk to her twin about her feelings and he'd always somehow make her feel better. But he wasn't here anymore and she had no one left.

When she saw Lana by the food, she couldn't stand it. They were both alone and she couldn't stop herself from walking over to her.

"Lana...Lana I know you don't want to see me." Wanda slurred, Lana's chest expanded as she took a deep breath, rolling her eyes.

"Leave me alone." She said not looking at the girl, seeming preoccupied looking at the foods.

"Oh, Lana don't do this, I love you so much. And I am a complete mess without you." She laughed boisterously leaning over Lana. She rubbed her eyes harshly, her mascara running more than before. "You look so so beautiful right now."

Lana didn't say anything, still looking ahead.

"We are like, twin flames okay we are supposed to be friends. I love you."

Wanda put her hands on Lana's cheeks, making her look at her.

"I am...completely alone." Wanda said looking into Lana's eyes. Instantaneously, she started moving Lana's lips towards hers- closing her eyes.

It felt like everything she had ever wanted but, not like this.

"What are you doing? What is wrong with you?" Lana pushed her away, looking angrily at the drunken sight in front of her.

Wanda's glossy eyes widened. "I-I don't know. I'm sorry. I'm sorry I'm so sorry." She was now sobbing dramatically, making people look over at her.

"I'm so sorry Lana! I'm really sorry." She continued, louder- her sobbing intense.

Lana looked around at everyone staring at the crying girl. "Okay, let's get you upstairs." She smiled awkwardly at the crowd. "Nothing to see here...she's had a few drinks.."

Lana put her hand on Wanda's back for support, leading her up the stairs as she continued to cry.