chapter 14

˚ ˚
i feel perfectly fine
but i miss screaming and fighting
and kissing in the rain

Saying Wanda was a mess was an understatement.

Lana hadn't said a word to her since their last conversation and she felt herself becoming completely out of touch with the new life she had created for herself.

Recognising that she was here, with her in the same building. It brought up emotions she had pushed so deeply into herself, that she had previously refused to go near. Now they had only built up more and more, exploding in front of her.

She didn't know how to handle it all.

She tried to talk to Vision about it, but as much as he tried he would never understand the emotions Wanda was describing. She felt like the worst person on the planet who didn't deserve forgiveness, yet she craved it all at once.

Once night while talking to Vision, she was looking into his eyes- his talking was muffled like her head was in the ocean.

Her past had risen against her, suffocating her so much that she couldn't handle exposing her mistakes to the person she thought would make her feel better.

Being with Lana now only reminded her of how much she was masking. How this new version of herself, that wasn't affected by Hydra, who didn't talk at all about Hydra. It wasn't helping her.

And the more she tried to wash that version of herself away, the more prominent it came back.

"Vision, I think we need to break up." Wanda said abruptly, maybe even cutting him off mid sentence, she really didn't know.

Vision eyebrows furrowed slightly as he looked down. "Oh, okay." He said processing what she had just blurted.

"Would this have anything to do with Lana's arrival?"

Wanda looked so lost and desperate, with tears constantly formed in her eyes, it was hard for him to be angry at her.

"I-I don't know, maybe? I'm not sure..I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I think this is what's best I really just don't want to hurt you, you've been so good to me and I'm just so sorry." She said, starting to sob in her place.

"It's okay." Vision shushed the girl, wrapping his arms around her comfortingly.

"I'm sorry." She whispered in his arms.

———

With convincing from Tony, Lana had been staying at the tower for days.

It was now Friday, the day of the avengers party.

Lana was given an old outfit from Natasha. It was a short, black two piece with tall boots and a small black bag. She'd never worn a nice outfit before, it was different.

She'd never really known clothes to be something to impress people with, honestly she liked it. The attention to details in a simple thing like how you present yourself.

Natasha was helping her get ready, putting on makeup was another thing Lana was woefully inexperienced in.

"You excited for tonight?" Nat asked, putting highlighter on the girl.

She shrugged dismissively at this, Natasha smiling slightly.

"Well, if you need someone to hang out with, I'll be around." She took a small pause. "Well, unless I'm looking especially preoccupied, then get lost." She joked.

Lana laughed quietly at this response before smiling up at the woman. "Thank you."

In all honesty, Lana wasn't planning on being with anyone throughout this party. All she wanted to do was sit in the corner and avoid everyone.

"Maybe, walk down a long flight of stairs if you can, draw some attention." Nat continued, laughing.

Lana smiled, she didn't know how Nat did it- she was so confident all the time. Maybe it was because she was so beautiful.

"You're a very pretty girl, Lana." Natasha said as if she read Lana's mind. No one had ever said that to her before.

i want the wanda and vision relationship/ wanda and lana relationship to be like "the way i loved you" by taylor swift, so listen to that if you don't get like the break up or anything lmao