chapter 11

˚ ˚
hello mr perfectly fine
how's your heart
after breaking mine?

There she was. After years of imagining what she would say to her if they ever happened to meet again, how angry she would be, how she would want to tell her every single thing she put her through.

"Lana? You're- you're here?" Wanda stuttered. Her accent had faded since they were last together as she had been living in New York for a while now, but Lana could since hear the Sokovian.

The avengers stood around the girls awkwardly, until Thor spoke loudly. "Ah, you two know each other! That's great."

"No, we don't really know each other." Lana stated before walking out of the room, she had completely reconsidered all her previous excitements surrounding the avengers compound. She couldn't stand to look at Wanda's sorrowful face every day.

Wanda looked at the rest of the group for a second, still in shock before following Lana to her room where the girl was collecting her things. "Lana stop please, just let me explain."

"I don't want your explanation." Lana said plainly, not looking up at her former friend. "Where's Pietro? You leave him too?"

Wanda paused for a moment before talking again. "Pietro died three years ago."

Lana stopped picking up the things in her room, still not looking up at Wanda but trying to process what she just said.

Pietro had died? And she had no idea.

There was a prolonged silence and Wanda knew this could be her only opportunity to say what she needed to.

"I really wish you were there with us, Lana."

"What?" Lana said quietly.

"I just mean, I really missed you I wanted you to be there-"

"No, stop talking." Lana cut her off, looking up at her now. "You chose to leave, you don't get to make me feel like I just wasn't there." She took long pauses between her sentences, as she was still processing everything that had just happened.

Lana grew increasingly angry as she saw Wanda's face. "You've always been like this, just a selfish bitch who can't see anything past her own wants and that's all you'll ever be and I can't stand to be in the same room as you because it makes me physically fucking ill." Lana pushed past the girl as Wanda let out a shaky breath she didn't know she had been holding.

"Lana please, please wait." Wanda called out but Lana wasn't turning around.

She really wished Wanda wasn't here. She could've had everything she'd been waiting for if it wasn't for her. "You really ruin everything." Lana mumbled. She racked her brain for a new place to stay.

"I know, and I'm sorry. Please, we couldn't stay there anymore and there was one opportunity for us to leave. We had been waiting for, but you were in training. It was a rash decision, I regret it everyday." Wanda rambled emotionally- her accent more prominent than before.

Lana's eyes widened at these words, she turned around to face the girl, her face in disbelief.

"I can't fucking stand you. You and all your excuses, do you realise what they did to me, Wanda? While you've been living this luxurious fucking lifestyle. They put me through hell. They ruined me, my identity, my mind, my thoughts. Everything. You did this to me. My life was ruined in one night and I blame you."

Wanda looked as if she was about to break down. "I-I'm sorry." Was the only thing she could say without bursting into a sob.

Lana just shook her head slightly as this, looking past Wanda and walking away.

the euphoria references in this;))