chapter 22

˚ ˚
i always thought the choice
was mine and i was right
but i chose wrong.

The man pulled out a keychain packed with different keys, unlocking the hallway of the party, locking it behind him. Him and Wanda gave each other flirty looks as they made their way upstairs.

When walking through the narrow hallway she saw it. An office labelled "Edward Elrod" as they passed through the halls.

They finally made their stop at a bathroom.

The man leaned over to Wanda, his eyes closed, his hands placed on the wall behind her.

Thats when Wanda grabbed his shoulders, her strength surprising the man extremely.

She pushed his head down into her now bent knee, knocking him unconscious.

She tilt her head at the man who was laying on the ground in the small bathroom. She examined his body, bending over and grabbing his keys, slipping the key to Edwards office into her bra and walking out of the room.

Hopefully when people walked into the bathroom they would just assume he had had too much to drink.

She shut the door behind her by using her powers, examining each room again until she found the office of the man she was focussed on.

Lana danced, or mainly tried to dance, with the man who had her hands held in his as they moved in sync to the melody.

He had pale skin with slicked back light brown hair and thin pink lips, a dark pair of glasses sitting on the bridge of his nose.

Lana was focussed more on trying to not step on his toes.

"So, you're looking for Edward Elrod?" He said casually.

"Um, yeah we have a business transaction to do, he said to meet him here."

"What kind of business are you in, Lana?"

Lana immediately realised, she never told him her name. Her eyes widening as she stopped dancing with the man immediately.

"Edward."

He nodded, smiling evilly. "I cannot wait to tell Hydra about this." He smirked.

"You don't want to embarrass yourself in front of all these people, do you?" He said, stroking her hair gently.

"No, actually I'd love to." She knees him in the gut, causing him to lean forward. Yet, this didn't stop him from grabbing her wrist before she could leave.

Everyone was now looking at the two.

Lana grabbed his wrist in return, twisting it around until she heard a crack.

This momentarily distracted Edward, she ran to the hallway which she saw Wanda go to with the man, yet when she tried to open the door it wouldn't budge. "Shit." She whispered to herself panicked.

She turned behind her, seeing Edward starting to pick himself back up- heading towards the girl.

She grabbed the quickest object to her left, a single bar stool.

She swung it around, smashing the window of the door, to this she put her hand on the frame and jumped over. Yet the glass shards remained on this door, cutting the palm of her hand.

She didn't care about the pain as the adrenaline had kicked in. "Wanda?!" She yelled, not knowing where the girl was.

"Wanda!" She screamed again.

Running up the stairs until she saw her brown haired accomplice.