chapter 21

˚ ˚
it's funny how you always remember and we've both done it all
a hundred times before

It was later in the night, the two had changed in a tight public toilet. It was quite full as it was late at night.

They walked out slowly, both of them clearly uncomfortable.

Yet when Lana saw Wanda in the dress she only saw her beauty. The way her hair gracefully layered the red glitter and how her elegant fingers traced the loose lace.

Red really was her colour.

Wanda looked up at Lana. "Well..I am deeply uncomfortable."

Lana laughed quietly, looking down at her own dress. "Yeah me too and I have no idea how I'm gonna beat that Edward's ass if needed but trust me I will find a way." She assured.

"Speaking of that, what do you think this guy has to do with Hydra?" Wanda replied, irritated by the itching fabric on her arms.

"Your guess is as good as mine." The girl shrugged, pushing her brown hair away from her eyes.

Some civilians walked past the two girls in extravagant dresses and gave them judgmental confused looks. They didn't realise how silly they looked in a public toilet in these elegant gowns.

Wanda looked up at the dark sky, the stars catching her attention. "We have a lot to do. We should get going now."

Lana nodded in agreement, mentally preparing herself for what was about to happen.

———

The party was majestic, to say the least.

It was placed in a large yellow tinted ball room, a large chandelier taking the centre spotlight, peoples twinkling outfits reflecting this aesthetic. It was as if they had entered a painting.

Something Wanda and Lana had to use to their advantage, being women and the fact rich men are disgusting.

One particular disgusting rich man sat at the bar, his hands grasped around a dark liquor. He was the host of this ball, and the owner of this establishment.

Wanda walked over to him, stepping carefully and sitting on the stall next to him. "Hi." She smiled innocently at the man.

Her thin fingers graced the table lightly.

"Hello." The man said invitingly. "I don't think I've seen you around here before?" His head tilted slightly.

"I just moved here, I thought you seemed like the kind of person who knew his way around." She batted her eyes, facing him.

"Well, I could show you around doll. Somewhere a bit more private?" He winked.

Gross.

Wanda's eyes widened slightly, nodding at the man and smirking.

"What's your name?"

Wanda thought for a second, not making it at all obvious. "Elizabeth.."

His wrinkles appeared with a smile before putting an arm around her hips and leading him to a separate room.

While this happened, Lana tried to get information on Edward Elrod.

"Hey pretty lady." A man called out to Lana.

She fought the urge to roll her eyes, turning around to face this man, who was smiling at her.

"You look lost." He said, his eyebrow raising.

"I'm looking for Edward Elrod. You wouldn't happen to know where he is, would you?" She said, her hand lingering on his thigh.

He looked down at this, before looking back up at Lana. "Yeah. We're friends."

"So you could tell me where he is right now?"

The man turned back to Lana. "I mean, yeah of course but, what's in it for me?"

Lana didn't really know how to respond to this, so she said the first thing that came to her mind. "Would you like to dance?

Honestly, Lana didn't at all know how to dance.

"I'd love to." He answered before grabbing her hand, pulling her to the centre of the party.

As they both walked with their chosen men, Lana and Wanda caught eye-contact, Lana watched as Wanda was guided by the owner to the upstairs area.