chapter 17

˚ ˚
it hurts to love you
but i still love you
it's just the way i feel

"We found her.." The man said smirking, looking at a tracker, a tiny dot was beeping.

Agents surrounded the man, everyone else completely covered except him. They all ran in, with cans of propofol. Breaking them in the avengers tower.

When Wanda and Lana came down the stairs, they saw an empty house. Nothing had moved but everyone was gone.

"Guys?" Wanda called out.

"Guys?"

"Where are you?" She looked around.

"Where are you? This isn't funny."

Sitting in the living room was a man. A man who haunted Lana's memories and as she walked into the room, making eye contact with this man, her heart stopped. She felt as if she could throw up.

"Ah, Lana. I've missed you so much." Lana's old trainer said endearingly, which only filled her with more dread.

"What are you doing here?" Lana asked aggressively.

"Where's Wanda? I can't wait to see the old gang back together again. Well, 66% of it." He smirked, ignoring her question.

At this moment, Wanda walked behind Lana- her mind racing the same as Lana's once did, old trauma filled memories playing over in her mind.

Her palm grew a red energy, her hand moving like the waves of the ocean.

She suddenly blasted a beam of redness at the man, which he immediately dodged. "Woah, calm down honey. I know all your moves. There's nothing you can do to beat me right now so I think you should just hear me out."

As the man talked, Lana ignored his advice. Running up to the bar stool he was sitting at and smashing a half empty bottle on his head, pushing him to the ground with her free hand. His head almost hit the wall that was stood close to the two.

While this happened, Wanda used her powers to throw chairs in his way, making him move back from the girls.

Lana hadn't seen the extent of Wanda's powers. The way she could move large objects with ease, without moving a single footstep. Although, she didn't have time to be impressed by this at the moment.

"Alright, you wanna do this the difficult way." He said, standing up from the floor.

Lana grabbed the man's shoulders, pushing him to the near wall. She held his arms down with her elbows. "What are you doing here?"

"You wanna know where your new friends are? You might wanna get your hands off me." He said, smirking as if he had a major advantage against the girls.

From this, Lana stopped her aggressions slowly and Wanda lowered the objects she had been holding with her telekinesis. Wanda's face turned scrunched and hurt as she realised her past was still coming back to haunt her.

"Good." He said softly. Lana felt nauseous listening to his voice all over again. He smiled, escaping her grasp as she stood sternly looking at him.

He stepped closer to the girl, the way he used to, critiquing and criticising her every movement.

"The avengers are fine. For now." He said the name as if he was mocking them.

Wanda's eyes grew more concerned at these words, she didn't want to lose them.

"Honestly Lana, finding you wasn't that hard. We just saw where you stopped being tracked..and that lead us here. Here. The place with the people that have done nothing to help you. With the girl that abandoned you? All we did was care."

Wanda looked down shamefully. Even this manipulator knew how awful she really was.

"You never cared." Lana stated, not breaking the eye contact between the two.

"We protected you, from this world. Now you'll learn everything we did for you. And bringing Wanda down with you was just the cherry on top, don't you think?"

"What do you want from us?"

"We only want you back..you come back to Hydra and everything goes back to normal. But if you choose to make this harder for yourselves, we will have no other option but to force you back into our establishments. And not with the luxuries you used to have."

"There's no scenario where I go back there." Lana said finally.

The man lifted her chin up at this, looking at her like he felt bad for her. "Oh Lana..you don't have a choice. In the end you will call me sir."

"I will not call you anything." She replied, grasping his hand harshly, moving it away from her face.

Wanda pushed him away from the girl with a red energy surrounding him, giving him a stern glare.

He only smirked at her when she did this. God he made them sick.

With that, smoke surrounded the building, when it cleared the man was gone.

guys i watched multiverse of madness today and i am like- i can't stop thinking about it