New Place New Me

I'm rattled awake, but not in my usual surroundings. I've woken up in a car and a chauffeur driving me down a busy street. I can't remember how I got here but I immediately start panicking. I start looking around the large car for Blythe, or Aurora or John; or just somebody. I'm fully dressed in a sweatshirt with pretty white shoes and blue jeans.

"Oh your awake. Your boyfriend asked me to give you this". The man driving tosses back to me a note. My eyebrows cock up filling in that he probably means Blythe. I hesitantly take the letter and open it and it reads,

Dear Eloise,

I'm sorry you had to find out like this. It was just a quicker way to do it and we were wasting time. Like me and John had said, we were planning this already. I know your probably angry and that is for the best. We will come and get you when the war is over, don't spend your time worrying about me or fantasizing. I'm also sorry about the predicament you and I left on but it's probably best this way. There was no other way for you to trust me. Don't worry love, I'll come for you soon.

From your King, Blythe.

My king? No, he was nothing to me now. I was so foolish, how could I believe his schemes. I was so gullible that he would change like he did. Guess my mother was right, always bring more power to yourself, or you get stepped on. Fresh tears travel down the valley of my cheek and I wipe it away in a hurry. Pushing the letter aside I look out the window at what my new surroundings are going to look like.

Tall buildings. Crowded street. Busy sidewalks and people. A busy life. Lights everywhere, streets everywhere.

The car stopped in front of a really tall building where it looks like the windows never stop. The driver turns around and gives me another envelope.

"Your boyfriend also said not to open it until you get inside your penthouse". Penthouse?

"He's not my boyfriend" I snap. To think about it just angers me. I ignore Blythe's wishes and open up the envelope anyway. Inside was a junk load of green paper; money.

The driver puts both of his hands up in surrender and apologies. As I'm about to open the door, a man opens it for me and uses his free hand to help me out of the long black car. I politely say thank you to the kind man and the driver drives off.

"Mrs. Eloise I-"

"It's just Eloise, I'm not married". I felt a sad reality check cover my mind as I said I thought I would never say in my young life. I'm supposed to be married and having kids, and I'm supposed to be in Elopia. Why didn't my life go right? It was so simple. My life was laid down upon me and I still messed it up.

"Ok, Eloise here are your keys for your new home, please enjoy your stay. At 8:00 in the morning we serve breakfast. 12:00 in the afternoon we serve lunch. And at 6:00 we serve dinner at your home". He finishes his statement  with a smile.

This will not be my home, my home is in Elopia. And I won't be staying here that long to call, this my home. There are no similarities to what my home will eventually look like. I don't like this at all.

I just stare at him having no words to say and he takes that hint as he gets to the point.

"Your room is 12257 on the 7th floor. Enjoy your room in Palace Palasian ma'am". I smile and say thank you even though I didn't mean it. I walk past the reception office and go straight to the metal door with decorations, which I am assuming will lead me to my room. There are strange buttons by the door which is strange considering it's just a door.