II - Clinton.

His bedroom window was partly shielded by the large tree that had been growing adjacent to the north-facing façade of the six-bedroom house on Ashley Avenue in Bryanston, and every morning when he woke up, he was greeted by the sight of a family of malachite sunbirds that rested comfortably in a nearby nest on one of the branches and the sight of an empty field in the neighboring lot. There was chatter that a new family from Pretoria had brought up the space and construction on their new living space would begin soon.

In a way, he found comfort in knowing that the space would finally be utilized but dreaded the months of construction noises he would have to endure before the house was finished.

Maybe the neighbors had a beautiful daughter that he could court, and it would mark the beginning of a very beautiful union – or it would end badly like all the previous ones.

One thing about Clinton was he got bored of relationships very quickly. He found the excitement in pursuing someone and once he had them, it would slowly wear off before finally losing interest no more than three months later. It was a vicious cycle no one around him really understood, well maybe except his friends because they rolled in the same manner he did.

The only difference? Clinton could not help but lose excitement, so he was not doing it because it was fun; he was pre-disposed to it while his friends got in on the action just because they could break hearts and get away with it.

He will admit that he found their twisted humor rather amusing to observe.

The sound sounds of the nearby sunbirds prompted his eyelids to slowly open, and just like that, it was a new day and their things to get done. For starters, he still had to go fetch the suit for the engagement party his oldest sister was hosting. He had no choice but to show face, it's how they supported each other as siblings seeing that times were rapidly changing.

Clinton Motsepe was the third of five children. Before him was Amanda, the deputy parent turned engaged girlfriend. Then came Amani, the pathological liar. Clinton was the resident stoner, not that his parents knew. Francisco came next, otherwise known as Flash Francisco (or just France) – for his insane running ability and the last one being, Zion, the implicit favorite child.

It was an entire clan of children, and you bet growing up was chaotic, but it was equally as fun because there is no other place in the world where you'd be acquainted with people you hate so much but still would be willing to give them your kidney if one was in desperate need.

Clinton was six feet tall, as a direct result of the excessive exercise he participated in. Since high school, he had been an avid fan of basketball and was quite a competitive player having scored the best slam-dunks his high school had seen in a while. Not only did he love playing it on the court, but on his PlayStation console too. It was the only thing he ever played, and frankly never grew tired of it. Yes, some days he would play some perplexing adventure or open-world game, but basketball was where it was for the most part.

He strode over to his en-suite bathroom, cleverly decorated with white stone tiles and marble top counters. He looked over at his reflection. He had bronze hooded eyes and cool almond skin. After brushing his teeth, he rinsed the toothpaste foam and flashed a bright smile revealing his straight teeth – braces do work guys.

Clinton showered and got dressed.

To go with his jeans, he wore a dusty pink sweater, a thin gold chain, a silver Tissot watch – his favorite brand – and a pair of Jordan sneakers. He reached for his brush and quickly brushed his neatly trimmed buzzcut fade and sprayed a gentle dose of the Calvin Klein cologne that rested sat with the rest of his toiletries.

He emerged looking and feeling great. How he always wanted it to be, I mean men that listen to Kanye West's music are the best-looking ones right?

'Where's dad?' Clinton asked, his voice deep, as he walked into the contemporary kitchen boasting an impressive selection of modern appliances and finished off with a dark color palette.