IV - Naledi.

Bishop Briggs x Lyin'

Frank Ocean x Self-Control.

Charlotte Day Wilson x Keep Moving.

Sam Smith x Not in That Way.

SZA x Broken Clocks.

Beyoncé x Don't Hurt Yourself.

Jazmine Sullivan x Pick Up Your Feelings

Lauryn Hill x Ex-Factor.

Lorde x Liability.

Amy Winehouse x Tears Dry on Their Own.

This ten-song playlist is what has been getting Naledi through her tragic breakup. It was a month and a half down the line, but Naledi was not over him, with good reason too. Naledi and Elijah weren't officially a couple until they both matriculated in 2018.

Naledi was in Roedean School while he was in some prestigious boarding school in KwaZulu Natal. They met through a school social at the start of that year and would maintain their closeness through frequent communication, they would not let anything deter them from being with each other at the end of the year when they could start seeing each other as often as possible – to their heart's desire, frankly.

The worst part of it all was Naledi remembered it like it was yesterday. She wore a skin-tight bodycon dress, her cornrows were freshly plaited, and she'd been meaning to paint her nails this beautiful shade of dusty pink. He wore an oversized Rick and Morty t-shirt, ripped jeans, and a pair of Adidas kicks. He had a charming buzzcut and might have had a little weed to smoke – prior. But nonetheless, she was not complaining, the high made him confident enough for him to approach her and initiate what she thought was a once-off conversation.

To be honest, Naledi was not looking to pursue anything with this guy. It was social, it was a night of fun. So that's what wanted from him, a hot make-out session with some hickeys, and maybe to give him a hand job and then forget about it all.

For a while it did look like it was headed there because the conversation was picking up momentum and was becoming steamy, it reached its boiling point when Naledi and the guy managed to sneak out into the parking lot and enjoy that deeply, desired make out session. He was a great kisser, and him being only made him freakier – her type – and she might have given him a stroke or two with her hand, this was before she came to her senses, right after getting a call from her friend saying that a sweep of school property was being done.

The night ended with the fella getting Naledi's number and she really did not think he would remember to text her. But she was woken up with a text that read:

 Good morning gorgeous. Meeting you last night was nothing but a pleasure, wish we had gotten freakier, but I am a patient man. I know it may seem like I might be interested in you sexually, but please believe me when I say that is not the case. Talking to you, as high as I was, was fun and I recall wanting to get to know you on a deeper level. That's only if you're interested.

She blushed at the text and could not stop thinking about how cordial he was. Naledi did text back eventually and what grew was a relationship she never saw coming.

The next year, both took their gap years and went on to travel together, Naledi's travel vlog on YouTube grew in popularity as a result. They visited a plethora of places from ziplining in Cape Town to river cruises in Cairo, getting lost in the effervescence of Tokyo to calming café visits in Paris.

2019 was the year to remember.

He eventually was acquainted with Naledi's mother, and she knew his. They were poised to go very far as a unit, they braved the pandemic and made it out despite not seeing each other for the better half of 2020. They went even deeper and reached new heights as a unit in 2021 – or so Naledi thought - but it all came to a screeching halt on that fateful New Years' Eve, when she was greeted with that nasty text from him.