X - Clinton.

Everyone lies. Fact. But here's the thing about lying, you are better off without it but you won't let it go because lying is convenient. Whatever the situation may be, you will lie because it presents itself as the most viable option at that moment. Here's free advice, lies have speed but the truth has endurance.

These are words Naledi wished she heard before she lied herself into the predicament she now found herself in. This time there was a knock-on effect because the lie did not involve her exclusively, Clinton was involuntarily dragged into the situation and now had a huge part to play in whether this lie would be sustainable or not.

This was not how he saw his week going, for accepting this ridiculous offer, he found himself walking through the undulating paths of The Country Club in Woodmead, lined with neatly trimmed lawns and surrounded by the tranquil sounds that nature had to offer.

He was dressed in the traditional white collared t-shirt and matching white shorts with black Adidas trainers and a Nike cap – rules were made to be broken anyways.

An afternoon he could have used to take one long nap, was now being spent in aiding a lie he wanted no part of.

He spotted Naledi on one of the world-class tennis courts, conversing with two other people – one male and the other a female. It was a white clothing affair because it was a country club, duh. It was the part he hated most, the strict dress code that everyone had to follow.

His father did once bring him to a country club, in the hopes that his son would grow a liking for the fine sports of golf – but that was the day Clinton set the record for most yawns, and he was not even able to keep track of the number because it was outright boring. He'd practically let out a yawn every five minutes, whether they were standing on the field, sitting in the caddy, or even talking about it over lunch.

The types of sports he liked were far more adrenaline-pumping.

'Clinton, hey!' Naledi smiled radiantly as he approached them all.

What he was not expecting was the abrupt hug she pulled him into. I mean sure they did share a kiss, but it was not a precursor to acting like they were a couple. Of course, Clinton hugged her back, with a weak smile to go with

'It's great to see you again Naledi.'

'Likewise. These are my friends, Aiden and his girlfriend, Sarah. Guys this is my ...'

'Friend,' he interrupted, shaking both their hands. 'I am her friend, Clinton. It's a pleasure to meet you both.'

'So, I thought it would be a great idea to have a round against them, that's if you're up for it?'

'I do not see why not; I might have dabbled in tennis here and there in the past.'

They all broke out into light-hearted laughter before taking to opposite ends of the court.

On the bright side, Naledi was looking as pretty as ever. Her Instagram feed truly was not doing her justice because in person she looked ten times more amazing than in her best picture. It's not like there were many to look at. Believe it or not, her post count only went up to eight.

The breakup really took a toll on her, and so she sought to start over with the current set of photos she has all posted within 2021.

'S are we going to talk about your text?' he asked, unzipping his racket from its cover.

'Not now Clinton, we can do that over lunch. Unless you are in a rush to be elsewhere?'

'No,' he responded. That was a lie; well, he did not have anything else going on, since he canceled the lunch date with Jenner for this.