V - Elijah.

'And you're sure you don't want to go to this party?' she asked, adjusting her mascara.

'You are so keen for me to go, is there a reason why?' Naledi probed.

'No particular reason. I mean, you just started school this week and I think it would be a great space to find new friends.'

'Mom, I already have a friend.'

'The one whom you've been avoiding since Monday?' Elizabeth Moeng, Naledi's youthful-looking mother asked.

Elizabeth Reabetswe Moeng – business mogul Given Masimula's ex-wife – was a gorgeous thirty-nine-year-old woman. With her oval face, upturned eyes, straight and petite nose, and youthful, bowlike lips; there was no question about how dominant her genes were because all three of her children inherited the same eyes and nose with varying degrees when it came to the lips.

Her relationship with Given started from a tender age. She was merely fifteen and he was twenty-one, hailing from the wealthy Masimula family from the Limpopo province.

While they were thought to be friends that got along really well, there was far much more the two friends-turned-lovers were hiding from everyone. Elizabeth fell so deep in love with a charming guy poised for a life of prosperity that she was willing to abandon her current middle-class life for him. Together they would elope, and move in together, and months after her eighteenth birthday was celebrated in the tropical island of Bali, Elizabeth would fall pregnant with the couple's first child.

This did not deter the love they had for one another. If anything, they grew extremely closer. Given wanted the best possible for his wife and their daughter, so he put her through varsity and ensured that she would emerge with her financial management degree – cum laude.

Elizabeth did put her degree to good use for the first few years of her life before finally turning to be the rich housewife she'd always dreamed to be. Together, the three formed the poster family many aspired to be. The working father, stay-at-home mom, and beautiful and intelligent daughter who is bound to inherit all the wealth they've acquired in this lifetime.

Being the wife and child of a prominent businessman was not without its perils. Their union would often come under scrutiny by everyone amid several cheating scandals in which Given would be implicated 80% of the time and Elizabeth filling up the final twenty.

Despite being surrounded by the riches, the couple would often be at odds with threats being made to run away and talks about divorce being on the table.

Then again, it's the difficulties that came with being married. You had to take the good and the bad as was.

At age seven, when Naledi started primary school, the couple hit the restart button, rekindled their love and Elizabeth fell pregnant again. This time, they were blessed two times over with twins – Andrew and Andrea Masimula. What she had been hoping for anyways and to Given's delight, they were both boys.

So once again, Elizabeth's career was put on pause as she focused on raising the children the best way she knew how all while remaining the fashionable housewife that people admired.

Again, it was not without its perils.

Raising children in the eyes of the public, no matter how hard you'd try to be private would prove an uphill battle, and more times than often it would get to Elizabeth – who suffered a severe case of postpartum depression, sorely ignored by Given who insisted that she was seeking attention.

Elizabeth did push through, regardless, and when all her children were successfully enrolled in school; she could finally focus on her career – once more.