III - Kiara.

The evening went well, for Jenner that is. The food was amazing, the company was great, and the evening weather was warm enough to melt the frosty attitude she harboured toward Clinton. She just could not get past how rude he had been and was deluded enough to think that she would forgive him because he gave a half-baked excuse. Think again.

Now the night had to come to an end. Jenner's mood took a turn for the worst, and she did not want to ruin it for her parents. They had received the invite to attend as people of the groom's side of the family, hence why Jenner sat right beside Tswelopele Malaka – Lucas' younger sister – and across from Clinton – a terrible choice, in her opinion. Lucas' mother, Tsholofelo Malaka (nee Letsoalo) is the one and only sister to Ramadimetja, meaning Lucas is one of three cousins that Jenner has on the maternal side of her family.

She got along with Lucas, terrifically well too.

He was the one family member he related to on so many levels, that they'd be able to talk about anything without feeling an ounce of discomfort. Lucas was the older brother Jenner always wanted. This was not to say Lucas' younger siblings were of any less importance. The four of them grew up as if they were one from attending the same primary schools to taking family trips together. It was one big family and being here and seeing Lucas move on to the next phase of his life with Amanda – who she liked very much – was a most definitely a sight to behold.

If only Amanda's siblings were like Amanda, she thought to herself cautiously eyeing Clinton and his brothers beside him busy making jokes together.

Some might have thought Jenner was being irrational but for her, it was personal because this man right across her, being served a trio of sorbets (litchi, grapefruit and tropical) with a side of coconut panna cotta and Belgian white chocolate, tainted what would have been Jenner's first successful day as a trainee.

Jenner reached for her dessert spoon and had begun indulging in her crème Brulee served with a milk gelato, milk chocolate custard and orange blossom honey.

It most certainly was heavenly, until ...

'Hey there,' the boy to Clinton's left greeted, with a cheerful smile. Jenner eyed him, keeping a neutral face. Clinton kept quiet, but it was not hard to decipher that he did in fact have something to say while the brother to his right had his attention taken away by his mother. 'You've been awfully quiet, so we were wondering if you would like to be a part of our conversation?'

Well, perhaps they aren't all too bad.

'Depends on what the conversation was about,' Jenner responded, limiting her hostility to the older brother only.

'You listen to hip hop, right?'

Jenner nodded.

'I might dabble in the genre here and there, yeah.'

'Not really,' Tswelopele responded, before taking a sip of her water.

'Kendrick?'

'Yes.'

'Okay, the question I am going to ask is very important. So, think about the response very carefully,' he jokingly cautioned, making Jenner laugh just slightly. 'Which album would you say is his best between DAMN and To Pimp a Butterfly?'

An all too familiar debate Jenner has found herself in, while it was a bit juvenile it was worth discussing. Well because this debate is one that was not going to be easily solved by merely selecting one and having everyone agree with that.

'Sonically I would say Damn is more interesting to experience but lyrically, To Pimp a Butterfly is superior.'

'Fair enough, so what would your final verdict be?' he asked.