VI - Naledi.

After all those countless hours spent listening to that playlist in a bid to move on from him, Naledi found herself back in square one as she laid her eyes on Elijah – who was equally as shellshocked. Still 6'1, kinky hair, and in those Air Jordan's, he was in almost the exact same look she last left him in, and the emotions suddenly were flowing.

'What ... uh, what are you doing here?' he asked, coy in his tone.

'It's a party, is it not?'

'Yeah, no, I get that,' Elijah responded being flustered. 'But I mean, you know ...'

'Uh, I think I will get going. I have someone to find.'

'Wait, no!'

That seemed far much eager than he wanted it to be, and Naledi stopped in her tracks. Oh, on his side, the breakup was necessary citing reasons he hasn't really told anyone, and believe it or not, Elijah had been trying to get into contact with Naledi to explain why he did what he did. He understands the gravity of abruptly ending a two-year relationship, but he wouldn't have done it unless it was absolutely necessary.

He looked deep into her eyes. It was strange, the warmth that had once been there was now absent, Naledi looked at Elijah with an icy cold glare that made his palms sweat.

'How was your New Year?'

'Are you being serious right now?' she asked, folding her arms.

'I mean ... I am sorry, I was just trying to make conversation. That was a terrible attempt. Look Naledi, I miss you.'

She scoffed.

'I am serious. Can we go somewhere private ... to talk?'

'Alright handsome, here's the punch you asked for,' Tshiamo announced, handing one red cup filled with fruit punch to a perplexed Elijah.

Naledi smiled incredulously.

'It seems like there is nothing to talk about.'

'What are we talking about? This looks like a super serious conversation.'

'Hi, I am Naledi.' Naledi extended her hand, knowing that she was going to immediately reach for her hand sanitizer after.

'Tshiamo.'

'Nice to meet you Tshiamo. I won't be a bother anymore.'

'Where are you going Naledi?' Elijah asked.

'That, sir, is really none of your business.'

'Naledi, I really just need two minutes. Can we please talk?'

'I do not think my boyfriend would want me talking privately with guys at a party.'

Elijah could feel his heart slowly sink as those words were uttered by Naledi. She was quick and nonchalant in her delivery, meaning that it was true. This comes after Elijah convinced himself that it would take her some time to get over the relationship meaning he still had enough time to try and rekindle their love. But hearing that she did, in fact, move on was like a punch to the gut. It made him feel weird and he wanted to throw up.

Naledi adjusted her studded earring.

'Now if you'll excuse me.'

'Wait,' Elijah spoke again. 'Can I ... meet the dude?'

'I beg your pardon?'

'I mean it's only fair that I do, I mean you met Tshiamo,' he responded, finding his bravado again and wrapping his around Tshiamo, who started blushing immensely.

You probably are asking yourself if he is the jealous kind. To put you out of your misery, yes. Elijah is deeply protective of what he deems is his and Naledi is one of them, so the idea that she is now making out and cuddling with some other dude was something he would not allow.