Chapter 1 - Guy in green

Kazuha's POV

 It's been a long time since I walked around Narukami island like this.

 I looked around the street as I paid for my daily necessities.

 Well, if captain Beidou didn't have something to do here still, I probably wouldn't be here at all.

 To walk around Narukami island without being chased down... Heh.

 I better get back to Ritou soon though. There's no way of knowing whether someone would recognize me.

 After buying everything I wanted, I decided to go back directly to Ritou without making any more stops.

 I listened to the sounds brought by the wind as I walked through the Byakko plains. The sound of the grass swaying in the wind, leaves flying through the air, waves crashing onto the shore, someone shouting stop...

 Wait, what?

 "Stooop!"

 I looked back and saw a green figure approaching at a fast pace. It took him a mere two seconds to arrive in front of me.

 "Let me hide here for a moment!" He said urgently.

 I didn't have time to even open my mouth before he disappeared as if he had never been there.

 Just what the hell was that?

 Not even a moment later, an even more shocking figure appeared before my eyes.

 "R-Raiden Shogun." What the hell was she doing here?!

 "Smells like the wind..." She muttered.

 Her next actions were even more unexpected as she directly grabbed me and turned me around.

 "Anemo vision..."

 My vision? Don't tell me-

 "No, not right. Where did he go?" 

 Before my thoughts could wander into dangerous directions she let go of me and continued to mutter to herself.

 "You didn't happen to see a brat dressed in green run past here did you?" She asked out of nowhere.

 "Excuse me?" Did she not recognize me?

 "No of course not. He wouldn't be as stupid as to show himself in this situation..." She looked completely out of it.

 Just what the hell is happening right now? Why is she here? Why is she looking for someone dressed in green?

 Wait dressed in green?

 I wasn't given the time to even think about whether I want to tell her or not before the wind brushed past me with a warning blow.

 No it is then.

 I have always trusted the wind and it always paid off. I wasn't about to stop doing that just to tell her something.

 "My apologies. It seems like I had the wrong person." She said before disappearing in a purple flash.

 She just did what?

 "Oh? She apologized? It looks like I messed with her head a little too much today." A chuckle came from behind me as the so-called 'brat dressed in green' reappeared before my eyes.

 I swear if he didn't speak, I wouldn't have noticed him! Why didn't the wind...

 "Your connection with the wind is just fine. I'm just an exception to it, I suppose." He chuckled.

 "Who are you?"

 Finally able to regain my senses fully, my hand shot to my sword.

 "There really is no need for that! My name is Venti, I'm a bard from Mondstadt, and I'm here to visit a friend." He said as fast as he could.

 Bard from Mondstadt? And he could get this far?

Sure, the Sakoku Decree has been abolished, but for a mere bard to freely wander around Narukami...

 "My friend works for the Yashiro commissioner, he got me here. I have this if you want some proof!" He explained, probably seeing my doubts.

  He held up a white jade pendant bearing the crest of the Kamisato clan.

 Seeing this, I slowly released my sword.

 "Why was the Shogun chasing you?" I hope he didn't bring any trouble to the Yashiro commission.

 "Let's just say it would never be connected to the Yashiro commission if that's what you're worried about. As for what exactly happened... How about we leave it at a friendly game of hide-and-seek?" He had a bright smile on his face as he spoke, and if his words weren't that unbelievable, I might have actually believed him.

 A friendly game of hide-and-seek with the Raiden Shogun? Bullshit!

 "Since you did help me out, how about I teach you something?" He asked mysteriously before I had the chance to question him any longer.

 What was he going to teach? How to play the lyre?

 "When you have something to hide, the wind might help you, you just have to be brave enough to let go. And if by any chance, you meet a grumpy guy with a bad haircut, go for the left  pocket."

 "What?" What kind of nonsense was that?

 "Gotta go now! I'll see you around if the wind allows it!"

 "Wait!"

 He didn't. He just disappeared in a cloud of green feathers.

 Just who was that guy? I don't think I have ever met such a weird person in my life.

 The strange thing is...

 "Your connection with the wind is just fine. I'm just an exception to it, I suppose." 

 Just what is his connection to the wind?

 Ugh, I should think about it later. It's already late, I should get back to Ritou.