Chapter 20 - Uninvited guest

Time passed.

 Days? Weeks? Months? Years?

 The two had lost count a long time ago already.

 The only thing the two knew for sure, was that their efforts to land a finishing blow...

 Failed miserably.

 Raiden Makoto's POV

 Hmm...

 What should I do about these two?

 They both made some progress, I can't deny that, but it's not enough.

 I tried awakening that little brat's latent power, but...

 Let's not even talk about that.

 As for Kazuha's situation...

 It's like he has this great power only for it to function as a restraint, limiting his power and progress.

 Ugh! Just what's up with these two kids?! 

 At least I succeeded in reaching the goal I set out for Kazuha. The way he is now, he should be capable of blocking around five strikes from Ei.

 But he could have gone farther! He could have made so much more progress had it not been for that stupid restriction!

 What the hell is that thing anyway?!

 Aside from that...

 "Can't do it?"

 "I really can't. I have no idea how it happened the first two times either."

 We reached the matter of infusing his strike with electro along with anemo.

 Since he had done it twice before, it should have been fine a third time too as long as he had a place to draw electro from, but...

 Sigh.

 We have been trying for days and nothing happened.

 How did he do it the first two times then?

 The first was when he blocked a strike from Ei and the second time was against those fatui agents.

 These two cases have nothing in common-

 Wait. There is one thing in common.

 "Hey, Kazuha."

 "Yes?"

 "How about we change training up a bit?"

 "What?"

 "Don't worry about it, just have fun. Bye, bye."

 I snapped my fingers and before he could process what was happening he appeared in a whole other space.

 "Woah!"

 "What the fuck!?"

 Clang!

 Because of Kazuha's sudden appearance in the middle, the direction of our strike changed, causing the kid to drop his sword.

 "What the hell are you doing here?" He asked the samurai with anger.

 Well, I can't blame him. It was going quite well this time.

 "How would I know? Do you think I like appearing between two swords that are about to clash?" The young samurai asked back sarcastically.

 They both looked at me for answers, but I was just as lost as them.