Chapter 77 - Teasing ghost

Scaramouche's POV

 Were we scammed?

 What memory?

 What emotion?

 There was nothing.

 Literally.

 The moment we entered we were surrounded by seemingly unending darkness on all sides.

 What now?

 "Was this supposed to happen?"

 Oh, and I really don't want to talk to you.

 "Hey, kid-"

 "Oh, no, no, no. We're not doing that. Don't call me kid, you have no right to do so. You lost it over 500 years ago. And don't try and act all friendly. The fact that I'm tolerating your presence because I'm worried for Kazuha doesn't mean I hate you any less than a few hours ago."

 I ended up allowing Raiden Makoto to do so on one side, because I was too tired of refuting her every time, and on the other, because she had done nothing against me aside from having a no-good sister.

 That does not mean I'll allow this one to do so as well.

 "Hate? Where is this coming from?"

 Where is this coming from-

 You damn-

 "Are you dumb or are you just too arrogant, to admit what you've done-" 

 Huh?

 That...

 Suddenly, I noticed a figure behind her.

 "Oh, please continue. Don't stop on my part." He chuckled.

 That...

 "Kazuha!"

 "Who else would- Woah! Easy there, Kuni."

 "You-

 You stupid reckless bastard!

 I pulled him closer, making sure that he wasn't an illusion and would slip away this time.

 But...

 "How...?"

 The spirits clearly said-

 Wait.

 Is this really Kazuha?

 It wouldn't be some ghost, would it?

 "I'm not a ghost."

 "Sure."

 that's exactly what a ghost would say!

 "If you don't believe me, how about I remind you about how I bit you an hour os so ago-"

 "Stop, stop, stop!"

 This damn tease!

 This is definitely Kazuha.

 But how?

 "There is really no need for you to walk down memory lane for me. It was honestly a bit depressing. So I just put my soul back together myself while you were outside chatting away."

 "I wasn't chatting away..." I mumbled in retort.

 But, it's good.

 It's so good to see you.

 It was as if a giant boulder had been lifted off my shoulders in an instant.

 Still...

 Though he brushed it off that simply, going through all those memories wouldn't have been easy.