Chapter 12 - 'That' incident

Spirit realm

"Big brother!" Sero burst through the door, startling the two sitting inside.

 Sol was still in bed, though looking much better than before, and Nivi was sitting on a chair trying to push some suspicious green liquid towards him.

 "What happened, Sero?" Sol asked quickly, taking the chance to avoid drinking his medicine.

 "I might have screwed up a little..."

 "A little?"

 "I might have screwed up a lot."

 "Sigh, what happened?"

 "It's like this."

 Sero recounted everything that happened since he got back to Ritou with Scaramouche, earning more than a few glares from the two other spirits.

 "So not only did you fail to watch over Kazuha, but you also didn't check the situation before teleporting, and even caused suspicion to rise towards Kazuha's blade?"

 Accusations came slamming down at him, and Sero couldn't even refute them, seeing as they were all true.

 "Hah, Sero." Even Nivi could help but sigh.

 "What's done is done. It should be fine though."

 "Really?" Sero's head shot up excitedly.

 "Scaramouche... that guy... His interest should die down soon."

 "Oh thank Teyvat."

 "That doesn't mean you are without fault, Sero."

 "Big brother..."

 "Just go back and watch over Kazuha properly. We'll talk about this next time." Sol waved him away and Sero welcomed the chance to escape.

 After he left...

 "Will it really be alright?" 

 "His interest never lasts long. He should forget it in a few days at most." Sol reassured her.

 "If you say so. Now, how about you finally take your medicine?"

 "Ugh, Nivi..."

 It was a pity that Sero did not stay with Scaramouch a bit longer and that Sol sent him directly to Kazuha instead of back to the beach.

 Like this, they missed a crucial piece that might ruin their plans forever.

 A piece of information more than one person found.

Back at the beach

Just as Scaramouch was about to go back to Ritou, a flash of purple caught his eyes.

 With a wave of his hand, a purple shard flew out of the sand.

 "A crystalize shard? And an electro one?"

 There was indeed a Geochanter, but...

 "There's no one with electro."

 If so then...

 "That guy... How interesting."

 With a light squeeze, he shattered the shard, and just like that, all traces were erased.

 "I might as well keep some secrets to myself."

 A grin surfaced on his face, one that the spirits wouldn't like to see.

 A grin that represented interest, a kind of interest that wouldn't be beneficial to the one in question.

Grand Narukami Shrine

 "Huh?"

 "What is it, Ei?"

 "I think I just felt a familiar surge of power..." She muttered, unsure of herself.

 "Oh? Are you sure it's not just the storm? You are causing quite the mess out there you know." Yea Miko teased.

 "Ugh! Don't even start Miko. How I would love to grab that little bastard and beat him."

 "Now, now, Ei. That so-called little bastard is older than you."

 "Yae Miko!"

 "Fufufu. How easy it is to rile up an archon."

 "You-"

 And just like that, unlike Scaramouche, Raiden Ei and Yae Miko just brushed over the incident.

 As for the third one...

Mondstadt, Good Hunter

 "Oh? How fascinating?"

 "Venti... Do you really have to react like that?"

 "Oh, no, no, no. I wasn't talking about you, Xiao. Though now that you point it out, it really is quite fascinating to see you try something other than almond tofu." He flashed a smile.

 "Ugh. You were that one who made me-"

 "Now, now. You shouldn't talk while you eat." Venti interrupted the yaksha, pushing the plate of Sticky Honey Roast toward him.

 "Venti..."

 "You promised."

 "Ugh. Fine."

 "Hehe~"

 The third one who noticed was too busy feeding his soon-to-be boyfriend to care about something happening in Inazuma at all.

 And whether this was a good decision or not...

 I reckon he couldn't care less at the moment.

 And just like that, an incident known by some, ignored by others, set the wheels of fate in motion, pushing them all in an unknown direction.