Chapter 10 - A letter

Kazuha's POV

 "Sigh."

 My head hurts. Everything is so loud.

 Surprisingly enough, I slept a lot better compared to before. I could almost call myself well-rested. Almost.

 "He's gone."

 That guy... What did he call himself again? Kuni- Kuni- I don't know.

 "I actually fell asleep with him still in the room. What the hell was I thinking?"

 Why did I even let him in? Exhaustion might be getting to me. Humans weren't made to go without proper rest for over a month after all.

Knock. Knock.

 "Huh?" Who was it?

The crew knew not to approach me when I'm in this state and besides them, there's no one who would have a reason to come.

 "Kazuha?" A soft and cautious voice.

 It was very faint, but thanks to the wind I could hear it clearly.

 Thoma.

 Why was he here?

 I was about to tell him to come in when I looked around my room.

 "Ugh."

 This place is a mess. Aside from that...

 He might suffocate if he comes in here. The amount of anemo energy around would be enough to wipe out a few treasure hoarder camps.

 "I'll be there in a minute!" I shouted instead, as I got out of bed and fixed my clothes.

 I reached for my sword out of habit, but...

 Ah, yes. Captain Beidou took it.

 She probably took it so I wouldn't be able to hurt anyone if I were to snap. 

 Hah. Never mind.

 "Hello, Thoma." I greeted him.

 Instead of letting him in, I slipped out and closed the door as fast as I could.

 "Good to see you, Kazuha!" He was as cheerful as ever. 

 "Why are you all the way here on Ritou? With this situation going on, I would expect that the commissioner would need you more than ever."

 With the Shogun this angry, would Thoma really be free enough to hang around here?

 "Well about that... Could we maybe talk inside-"

 "No."

 "What?"

 "Not unless you want to die, that is. You know how I get when I can't sleep. This storm has been going on for the past month. You can make your calculations from there." I pointed out.

 Instantly, his confused eyes cleared up, no doubt remembering a certain incident.

 "Ah, I forgot about that. How about we talk somewhere else then?"

 "The beach should be empty with the weather being like this. We can go there if it's okay for you."

 "It would be my pleasure."

 And so, not long after, we ended up sitting down on the empty beach, staring at the raging storm.

 "She's really angry this time, huh?" Thoma remarked.

 "At least she's not letting the storm affect the islands. There's a clear line that the lightning never crosses."

 I have to say, the Raiden Shogun has a lot of self-control.

 "But, Thoma, why are you here?"

 "So, you see... I was tasked with delivering a letter."

 "A letter."

 "Lord Kamisato told me to hand it to you. Personally."

 Personally...

 I took the letter, or should I say a whole stack of papers in an envelope.

 "You call this... a letter?" Might as well get a cover and make it into a book.

 "I have no idea what it contains, I was just told to give it to you and to tell you that you should read it in private."

 "In private, huh." 

 Just what did the commissioner send me?

 "I should go."

 "Already?"

 "Just like you said, I have a lot to do." Thoma laughed.

 "It was nice seeing you, Thoma." It really was.

 "You can just come and visit, you know. The gates of the Kamisato estate will always be open to you."

 "I-"

 "Don't refuse yet, just think about it."

 And with that, he ran off, not giving me a chance to finish my sentence.

 "I was going to say that I would visit sometime..."

 I looked at the rushing housekeeper and couldn't help but laugh.

 "This guy... He never changes, does he?"

 And, he's gone already.

 "In a rush as always."

 The Kamisato clan is lucky to have him.

 "As for this..."

 I looked down at the letter.

 There were at least 50 pages, all of them fully packed.

 The first page was rather interesting. It only held one sentence.

 Read it only when you're ready to know about the past.

 "Haha! Only the commissioner would ever do something like this."

 Sending all this information and then giving the option not to read it.

 Well, to be honest, had he sent it to me some other time, I might have actually thought about whether I wanted to read it or not. Right now, however, I was a little too tired and annoyed for that.

 It was quite the handful, but a certain word soon caught my eye.

 Raiden Gokaden.

 Isshin art.

 Goshintou.

 "This is-"

 Maybe I should have thought about it a little longer before reading it. At least I should have opened it in private.

 There is also this name...

 BANG!

 Not good!

 I barely managed to dodge the incoming pyro bullet.

 Fatui? What a timing.

 "You should just hand that over brat." A fatui agent pointed at the stack of papers I was holding.

 He just called me a brat, didn't he?

 My hand instantly went for my sword, but-

 Shit! Captain Beidou has it!

Sorry for the lack of updates these days. I have a whole bunch of tests at school next week and I have been more focused on learning than writing. I'll try writing one more chapter today, but I don't think I'll be able to update next week.