Chapter 22 - Mysterious power

3rd person POV

 They had both lost their swords and now, just like that, they stood in silence.

 For a few moments, that is.

 "I don't care, how long you've waited, or whatever other excuse you can come up with for the vision hunt decree's incident."

 The black katana on the ground began to vibrate.

 "I don't care whatever order you might have been given, or how you went about it."

 Anemo energy started surrounding it.

 "I care about what you have done. Your choices, your actions. The thoughts you had when you caused the destruction of my family."

 Bang!

 The other sword was blown into pieces, and the katana flew into its master's hand.

 "How about we have a nice chat now?" He smiled.

 For the first time in his life, Scaramouche was frightened.

 His internal alarms were going off like crazy, telling him to get out of there that instant.

 He wasn't the only one feeling this way either.

 A little farther out, Makoto and Istaroth were subjected to the same energy, though somewhat milder as it wasn't directed at them.

 "This... Istaroth, what the hell is this?"

 Istaroth, however, wasn't in a state to answer.

 "Impossible... This shouldn't be possible... He's just human... How can he and Barbatos..."

 At the mention of the anemo archon's name, Makoto could finally place the strange energy.

1500 years ago, Liyue

 "Hahaha! This is fun! We should do this more often!" The pyro archon laughed.

 "If we had time to do it more often, we would. Some people are busy you know." The dendro archon said.

 "Come now, you're ruining the fun. It's not ofter we gather like this. Don't fight." The hydro archon chided them.

 "I second that. If you guys started to fight, Morax would be pissed." The cryo archon agreed.

 Hearing his name being mentioned, the geo archon looked up from his tea.

 "You're lost in your thought again, Morax. Shouldn't you pay a little more attention to your guests?" Makoto laughed at him.

 "My apologies. Some bothersome matters have come up here and there."

 "I heard. I also heard that you sent your most competent general to handle it, so why worry?" The pyro archon asked.

 "That's exactly why I'm worried. I worry for Xiao's safety."

 Hearing this, the pyro archon stood up and walked over behind him.

 "Come now, Morax. If he can't handle it, who can? He's not young, don't treat him like a kid." He said hitting him on the shoulder.

 "You're probably right." the geo archon's complexion finally cleared up a little.

 "Since you're back to normal, how about we take care of our last one as well." The pyro archon laughed again, his hand going to the last of the seven.