Chapter 48 - A peaceful lunch

3rd person POV

 Electricity crackled and Childe's vision glowed, ready to attack.

 The two harbingers glaring at each other, both prepared to kill.

 So, how did we end up in such a situation?

 To answer that question, we have to go back to a bit earlier, to a more peaceful time.

 "So Kuni, what did you have to do in the harbor?"

 "None of your business."

 "Kuni..."

 "No."

 "But-" Kazuha stopped talking as well as walking altogether.

 "Kazuha?"

 Scaramouche turned to look at the samurai, only to find him looking forward with an unreadable, yet clearly hostile expression.

 Following the samurai's line of sight, Scaramouche instantly spotted the target of Kazuha's hostility.

 Not far from them stood Childe, staring at them with a blank expression.

 Just as he had said earlier, Scaramouche wouldn't have minded if Kazuha stabbed his fellow harbinger. The only problem was Zhongli who stood next to Childe.

 "Kazuha-"

 "I won't stab him." Kazuha said in an annoyed tone.

 While Scaramouche was still thinking about what would come next, the other pair approached them.

 Kazuha's next action shocked Scaramouche greatly.

 The moment the other pair came within a two-meter distance, the samurai stepped back, now half-hidden behind Scaramouche.

 It wasn't fear. Scaramouche quickly ascertained.

 But he still couldn't guess the cause of the samurai's sudden actions.

 There was one person, however, who had his suspicions confirmed.

 Seeing Kazuha's actions, Zhongli grabbed Childe by the collar and pulled him a few steps backward.

 "Wha- Xiansheng, what are you doing?" He protested.

 "Have you already forgotten what I told you last night?"

 Zhongli asked, subtly motioning to Kazuha.

 Childe locked eyes with the samurai, feeling the obvious hostility the other was excluding.

 "Hahaha... My apologies." He let out an awkward laugh.

 The four were in an outer part of the harbor, hence even a weird situation like this was noticed by no one.

 Had they been in a more populated area, Childe would have likely not gone through with his next actions.

 Before Zhongli could stop him, he had already fired an arrow at Scaramouche, after which he launched at him, hydro blades in hand.

 No one, not even Zhongli could have expected what happened next.

 The arrow Childe had fired stopped mid-air just before it could reach Scaramouche. Childe too, stopped mid movement, though not exactly for the same reason.

 "Move and I'll make sure you breathe your last." Kazuha spoke, his left held tightening its hold around Childe's throat.

 A situation like this had never fazed Childe before. It wasn't the first time someone had grabbed him by his neck.