Chapter 46 - Why?

With this, I commence my quest to complete this book before the 7th of December.

 Scaramouche's POV

 Finally.

 It took me quite a while to get back and I'm still nowhere near finished.

 At least Kazuha isn't around, it would be troublesome if he saw-

 Bang!

 The door of my room burst open and I scrambled to hide the blueprints in my hand.

 I didn't actually get a chance to hide then though, as Kazuha's first action after entering was pulling me down into the bed.

 "What the- Kazuha, what the hell are you doing?!"

 I was lying on my back while he was lying half on top of me, his arm holding me in a pretty tight grip.

 "Let go-"

 "Just a bit... Let me lie down like this for a bit, okay?"

 A pair of tired red eyes glanced up at me looking almost desperate.

 Wait...

 Red? Both of them?

 I blinked a few times, but no matter how I looked, they were both still red.

 Speaking of which...

 "Where is Raiden Makoto?"

 Kazuha just stared blankly for a moment before speaking.

 "I'm annoyed."

 "Yes?"

 That doesn't exactly explain the fact that she isn't around when you are clearly in a bad state.

 Sure she has been sleeping a lot lately, but she wouldn't leave Kazuha to wander around alone in this state.

 "She just... Won't be around for a bit."

 "Won't be around?"

 "One storm is more than enough to deal with." He mumbled.

 A storm?

 I wanted to continue asking but he had already closed his eyes, his breathing taking up a slow and steady pace.

 Did he fall asleep?

 Well, this wouldn't be the first time I've seen him sleep, but still, this is a lot different.

 The problem is...

 I tried prying his hands off of me, but his hold remained firm.

 What the...?

 Sigh.

 Okay, fine. I'll let him off this time.

 Having made peace with the fact that the young samurai was sleeping on him, there were a few things that Scaramouche was still unaware of.

 Why was Kazuha in that state?

 Where was Raiden Makoto?

 Why did he come here of all places?

 As for why the young samurai was in this state, it isn't that hard to explain.

 Starting from the fact that he still hadn't gained control of his senses, to his recent encounters...

 Everything together was just too much for him to tolerate.

 The strong scent and aura of both Barbatos and Morax as well as the stench of the abyss that still lingered around Childe.

 With how heightened his senses were at the moment, that wasn't something he could handle for long.

 Even after he had left the old god's abode, he still couldn't get a moment of peace.

 The bustling streets of Liyue harbor that were filled with vendors and food stalls didn't help him calm his mind at all.

 Like this, it was no wonder that at some point he snapped.

 To him unknown, a strong gust of wind swept through the streets of the harbor, and at some point, the worried Raiden Makoto disappeared as well.

 And where was she?

 She was still there and perfectly fine.

 Kazuha had merely erased her presence unknowingly.

 She could still see what was happening, she just couldn't reach the two.

 But why would Kazuha look for Scaramouche of all people?

 Well, unbeknownst to him, Scaramouche brought Kazuha a sense of comfort.

 As Kazuha described it: he was like a storm.

 When he was around, everything from scent to sound, it would only be him.

 Storms are loud indeed, but unlike the chaos outside, a constant storm would be much more calming.

 A presence forever unchanging.

 It was a presence that Kazuha subconsciously treated as something safe ever since the first time Scaramouche had covered his ears during the storm back in Inazuma.

 A safe haven...

 A home...

 Something Kazuha hasn't had for the longest time.

 A subconscious longing enough to turn anger into affection if Kazuha himself allows it.

 And he did.

 Though it was because of his memory loss, he allowed his anger to fade and for affection to blossom instead.

 This couldn't have happened without Scaramouche's actions either.

 The fact that he treated Kazuha with nothing but care and kindness during that time allowed an innocent heart to learn how to like.

  Had he acted like his usual arrogant and rude self, no matter how innocent Kazuha was, there would have been no way for him to develop those kinds of feelings for the harbinger.

 But he didn't.

 I wonder why?

 Why would he treat the young samurai with kindness?

 This is perhaps still a mystery even to him.

 His actions from that time still continue to confuse him along with the strange feelings he feels that he shouldn't be able to experience in the first place.

 But just like this, with many questions still left unanswered, time continued to tick by.

 Perhaps bringing them closer to a day when they would finally find their answers.