Chapter 41 - Late night talk

Scaramouche's POV

 "Kuniiiii!"

 What the hell?

 Before I could react, something collided with my face.

 Well, more like someone than something.

 "What are you doing here?"

 "Ah, that... I came here to tell you something."

 Hmm?

 Why does he look so hesitant?

 I looked at the fidgeting Sero.

 "So... You won't be seeing us anytime soon."

 "Huh?"

 "For us, going to Mondstadt or near it is a bit... Let's just say it isn't a good idea."

 "Oh."

 Well, I don't really mind that.

 At least I can stop wondering when they would show up.

 "Kazuha'a safety will be left to you."

 "Excuse me?"

 "You brought him into your mess, so until we figure out how the fatui were able to find you even after we changed how you look, take good care of him."

 Why is this...

 Tsk!

 "Can you explain something to me?"

 "Yes?"

 "How does this actually work? Changing how I look I mean."

 "How should I put it... For Kazuha, it's completely useless. Aside from your hair, which Nivi actually grew out, and your change of clothes, to him, you look the same as before. Higher beings, gods, and those related to gods see a different face and feel a completely different aura unless you actually let out your own aura yourself. These people have a chance of negating the enchantment if they know you and realize that it is you so try not to be recognized by anyone. As for humans and the like, they have no chance of seeing through it."

 So that's how it works. Good to know.

 But...

 "What about someone like Tartaglia?"

 "Him? Hmm... Since he and Morax are...whatever. He should be able to see through the enchantment should he recognize you. But don't worry too much. Why would he ever think that you would show up in Liyue and in front of him of all places?" Sero brushed it off.

 Still, when it comes to Tartaglia...

 I have a bad feeling about this.

 "So the fatui-"

 "I have no idea how that happened. We are still trying to figure that out. Going to Liyue should be enough to avoid them for now, if you do come across them, you can always just finish them off can't you?"

 That's true.

 "But Kuni, I heard Kazuha kissed you."

 "Wha-"

 "So it really is true! Tell me about it!"

 This damn-

 "Get out!"

 "Hahaha!"

 "Get out of here before I beat you to death!"

 "Fine, fine. Bye, bye then, Kuni! See you next time!"