Chapter 69 - Dark fog

Kazuha's POV

 "What was that?"

 I was just about to sense outside when-

 "Kazuha, don't!"

 What the hell?

 That's a first.

 Why would Ruru stop me from trying to find out what's outside?

 "Just go out with Xiao and the rest and look around first. Then you can judge for yourself whether or not you want to try sensing around that."

That?

 Her words did everything aside from explaining the actual problem.

 Still, when Xiao offered, I went along with the rest, teleporting back to the shrine.

 But what I saw from there...

 "Oh, dear archons!"

 "Just what happened here?"

 As far as you could see, the island was filled with a dark fog, and screams and shouts were coming from all around the island.

 "The seal broke." Xiao said solemnly.

 Seal? 

 "The seal that had been used to hold Orobashi seems to have broken."

 Huh?

 Orobashi? Was it not-

 "Please tell me this is not what I think it is." Kokomi muttered.

 Honestly, from the look on Ruru's face, it's probably worse than what you're thinking.

"How the hell are you still fine?" Xiao asked suddenly.

 Should we not be?

"Shouldn't we be fine? We had no way of getting hurt thanks to the shield." Yoimiya looked at me confused.

"I meant, how are you not affected by that at all?"

"Visions, maybe?" Thoma asked.

"Xiao."

"Captain Beidou?"

"This kind of dark aura... You have it too, don't you?"

"I do."

"So is it possible that Venti did something to prevent us from being affected by it since we were going to be around you for a while?"

Is that it? Did Venti do something again?

 I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

"Possibly."

"That's not it..." Ruru mumbled.

 Not it?

 So it wasn't Venti?

"So, since we got that out of the way, why don't you explain this situation to us?" Lady Kokomi asked.

"It seems like that so-called ruin those researchers found, was actually the place where Bosacius sealed Orobashi's lingering hatred. Whatever those researchers did broke that seal, resulting in all the built-up hatred exploding onto Watatsumi island."

"Is there a way to get rid of it?" Kokomi was unsurprisingly coolheaded even in this situation.

 You can expect nothing else from her.

"Get rid of it? That would be impossible in the current situation even if we had two more yakshas here. Resealing it, on the other hand, might still be possible."