Chapter 16

It was probably around 8 when Lillian stepped out of her room dresses as catwoman with furry ears, whiskers and black lipstick, that went along well with her black jeans and button up shirt. 

She scanned the room and saw Riley giggling with her group of friends dressed as Cruella De Vil.

Knowing Riley will ask her to join her group of friends, Lillian went to the corner of the room and leaned against the wall, looking at the profit she made in investing and stock exchange.

Since it's only been two weeks there wasn't much change in the stocks but she did make some money through investing.

She took that money and was wondering where she should invest next, when she felt someone walking towards her.

Riley's brother- Zach.

"Happy birthday." He exclaimed as he came closer.

Lillian scrunched her nose as she was hit with the slight stench of alcohol.

"Thank you."

"You don't talk much, do you?" He asked leaning in the wall beside her.

Lillian hummed in response as she kept her phone inside her pocket and looked for a way to escape the room.

"I don't think we've talked much. Hi, I'm Zach." He hiccuped and said as he turned, leaning on his side as he stuck his hand out.

He narrowed his eyes as he realized no one was there beside him.

~~~~

Lillian took a deep breathe as she entered the terrace, the only place that was not filled with horny teenagers or just people in general.

She folded her arms and leaned on the railings, looking at the entrance of the house which still had people popping out every now and then.

She looked away from the gate and looked at the pond that looked like an enchanted fairy's home.

She wondered what her body would look like if she were to throw herself from where she was standing.

Would anyone care?

Won't everyone be relieved? She was only a burden they had to take care of since she was their daughter's twin.

She sighed is sorrow. No matter how many scenarios she makes up in her head, she knew she had to wake up in the end only to realize that it, after all, was only a dream.

A dream that, no matter what, will never come true.

"Here you are." A voice broke her out of her thoughts.

"Are you thinking of jumping from here?" He joked as he stepped closer to her, so close that Lillian could smell his perfume.

"What if I am?"

Issac perked his eyebrow is surprise, amusement sparkled in his eyes as he detected a faint dark humor in her words. Though it sounded cold and detached, he was sure it was her trying to be funny.

If only he knew she wasn't joking, though she never wanted or would kill herself. Those thoughts just won't leave her alone no matter what she does.

They both soon fell into a comfortable silence, with Isaac's hand on her waist pulling her closer to him.

Lillian's eyes widened as she felt his hand on her waist and felt her panic rising but didn't voice a sound of protest, trying to fight off the feeling inside her.

"I was always the black sheep in the family. I assume you were too in yours." He started making Lillian look at him intently, curious what he'd say.

It definitely came as a surprise to her that he was a black sheep in his family, since everyone seemed so close.

And her.... was she even part of a family to be considered one?

"Riley was always the golden child. It made me resent her growing up. We got into a lot of fight but I was the one that was always punished." He continued as he looked into her eyes, his eyes flickering to her lips every few seconds.

"That doesn't sound fun."

"It wasn't." He replied leaning closer to her.

Their mouth inches apart