Chapter 36

*FLASHBACK*

This was the day Lillian was officially diagnosed with schizoid personality disorder.

Lillian held the file in her hand and flipped through the pages while sitting in the backseat of the cab.

'Well atleast now she knew what was wrong with her.'

She soon reached her home. After paying for the ride she headed inside the house and kept the file on the shoe rack before entering her room.

The day was exhausting for her, the therapist was asking her a lot of questions which really drained her.

Lillian wasn't used to talking to anyone for an hour straight with the other person drilling her with questions. Well.... except for Riley.

It was a lot of personal questions. Lillian tried not to be rude and answer all her questions but it didn't take long for her to zoom out. The therapist let her go after her appointment hour was over.

She didn't understand what the therapist wanted from her. She was there to get a diagnosis and she got it. Hence, she had no more reason to go back.

~~~

Riley entered the two bedroom apartment after hanging out with her friends and was in desperate need for a shower.

She stretched her sore muscles and untied her shoes before keeping it on the shoe rack, where she noticed a black file was on top of it. After squinting her eyes at it for a few seconds she decided to open it.

She gasped out loud when she skimmed through the page and read the last sentence highlighted with a yellow highlighter.

Positive diagnosis for schizoid personality disorder (spd).

'Schizoid? Like schizophrenia?'

"Lillian." She yelled out for her sister in panic, fear gripping her heart.

She knew that people with schizophrenia didn't live that long and the usual reason for their death is suicide.

OMG was Lillian suicidal? How come she didn't know that?

She does wear long sleeve clothes.... Was she- is she?

She rushed into the room Lillian was peacefully sleeping in and pulled her sleeves back so she could take a look at her wrist.

The unexpected action awakened Lillian, Riley didn't notice it and grabbed Lillian's other hand to ensure she didn't have any marks on her before sighing in relief.

"Are you OK?" Lillian asked in a hoarse voice, as she just woke up.

She looked at her sister confused and reached out her hand to wipe the tears that were leaking out of Riley's eyes- only then did Riley realize she was crying.

Riley nodded her head and ran away from the room.

'That was weird.'

Lillian though to herself, pulling her sleeves down.

~~~~

"Do you see anyone behind me, by any chance?" Riley asked after the unusual silence at the dining table.

The question was weird, just like Riley was since the morning.

Question marks flooded Lillian's head. Was she supposed to be seeing someone behind her?

Lillian strained her neck so she could get a better look at Riley's surroundings and shook her head.

"You know you can talk to me about anything, right?"