Chapter 35

"We just potentially secured an investor!" Issac's friend, Christian, exclaimed. Not believing that his dream was coming true.

Issac and Christian could easily secure investors, funds and just about everything they could need by letting their parents lend them a helping hand, instead they wanted to work their way up- something their parents were really proud of.

Issac gave him a grin before noticing a familiar figure enter the hall from the corner of his eyes.

His sister? Or Lillian?

It hurt Issac to think about her after what she did five years ago but then he slowly understood why she disappeared on him as he spoke to numerous psychiatrist specialized in schizoid personality disorder.

'One have to be really neglected, abused or have their privacy invaded to develop this disorder. Or sometimes all three.'

One of them told. His heart ached when he thought of what she had to go through to have developed it.

To have no one to rely on at such a young age.

Just thinking about it made his heart clench in anguish.

"You alright, man?" Christian asked, realizing his friend was immersed in his own mind looking at the other side.

"Yea. Excuse me." He said before disappearing into the crowd, leaving Christian to roll his eyes behind him.

As he made his way closer to her he was more certain that it was Lillian. Even with the black lacey mask covering her eyes, one have to be blind to not be able to differentiate the twins.

They carried themselves in entirely different manners.

As he approached her table he saw her look up from her phone, his breathe got caught in his throat. Afraid that she was gonna run away but a conversation between them was inevitable. They can't keep running away from each other, not when Issac has come to stay for good now.

"Hello, Lillian." He said in a breathy tone, as if he was having a hard time believing she was actually there.

"Issac." She said in a monotone.

He used to think it was because she has always been that way but the truth was more painful to admit.

He heard from his father that Riley was pretending to be Lillian to catch hold of her kidnapper.

Good, she can find evidence to put that neglectful piece of shit behind the bars too when she's on it. He thought to himself while grinding his teeth in anger.

"It's been a long time." Lillian said feeling her palm begin to sweat. Her heart racing faster than usual.

"5 years." He added with a tight expression.

Is this the part where she apologizes? Though she was the one that ghosted him five years ago she missed him but knew if she continued to be with him it wouldn't be fair on him. She understood a lot about herself that night 5 years ago.

She gave him a tight smile while he just sat there.

*FLASHBACK*

"Hi!" Riley waved at her parents excitedly as Riley and Lillian came out of the airport and ran towards them to engulf them in a hug.

Benjamin, Stacy and Issac were the ones to pick them up. While the former two were more excited about meeting their daughter, Issac was excited to meet his girlfriend. The one he had been taking to endlessly for the past year.

She was different than her usual self in chats.

And Lillian was excited to meet him too.

~~~~~

*Time skip to night time*

*Door opens*

A slight creaking sound from the door made Lillian turn her head towards the door, where Issac was standing grimacing at the sound.

"Are doors normally this loud?" He asked, before gently closing the door. Lillian grinned when the door creaked again making Issac wince and throw his hands in the air in frustration.

"That wasn't funny." He stated crossing his hands over his chest but still felt proud- for making her smile.

This might as well be the second time he saw her smile! And it really made him happy that he was the reason behind her smile.

"I missed you." He said before leaning down to give her a hug.

Lillian's spine stiffened, not expecting that.

"Should we- yknow... try it?" He asked hesitantly.

"What?" Lillian asked confused, in a breathless tone. The hug left her feeling all panicky inside. Was this one of the disadvantages of having schizoid? She wondered. She didn't actually visit the psychiatrist to get help, only to get a diagnosis. After after getting that she didn't visit the psychiatrist again.

Issac cheeks turned pink as he scratched his head nervously.

Lillian nodded her head.

She wanted to scream 'no' but didn't think it would be the right thing to do.

He is her boyfriend after all......

Issac sat beside Lillian and leaned in closer so their faces was inches apart.

Lillian on the other hand didn't know what do to. Should she lean forward or just move her head sideways?

Why did she suddenly feel like running away?

She had been wanting to meet him, didn't she?

"Hey, you OK? We don't have to do it if you're not comfortable." He said in a soothing tone. Trying to comfort her as she stared at him.

"No, we.... can do it."  Lillian said.

Issac furrowed his eyebrow, not sure whether he showed believe her or not but then decided to believe her. Why would she lie?

But as Issac's lip touched her, Lillian knew she couldn't do it.

Her heart was beating loudly as if she had run a marathon, to the point it was suffocating.

Schizoid wasn't a blessing as she had initially thought. It came with disadvantages. Ones she didn't want Issac to deal with.

"I don't think you're ready. Why don't we just cuddle tonight. Maybe next time." Issac suggested. Lillian nodded, feeling herself lose control of her body.

They cuddled all night, which Lillian was comfortable with and watched a movie before falling asleep.

What he didn't notice was Lillian was no more paying attention to the movie or anything, having blanked out from the rest of the world so bad she didn't even hear a line from the movie.

And that was the last time Issac saw her. As she went back to her dorm the next morning. Without informing him- which left him hurt. He tried reaching out several times but got no reply from her.

~~~~~

PRESENT

"Why did you ghost me?" He asked. He wanted to know. Whether she will tell him the truth or make up an excuse. And who knows maybe he could be wrong, there was another reason for her to ghost him.

Lillian blankly stared at him before she moved her head to take a look around her. And he knew her enough to know that she was trying to find her way out.

"Is it because you have schizoid?" He asked her directly.

He watched her go stiff for a second before she looked at him again.

"Riley?"

"She wasn't sure. I am."