Chapter 73

"You think holding me hostage is a smart idea?" Casey managed to choke out despite the pain of having the man of Jason's strength stamp on her open wounded flesh with the heel of his shoe. The wound scorched and itched painfully when he grinded his heel in anger over her helpless shoulder.

"Shut up." He snarled out. Threateningly pointing the gun towards her.

"You wouldn't do it." She dared him with a cocky smirk, her face pale. "You need me alive to pull through with your plan."

"I can staple your mouth shut." He said pointedly.

"If they are here, they already reached your company too." That had been the plan from the starting. The victims likely willingly confessed. She chuckled, a satisfied smile bloomed on her face- enough to make her momentarily forget the ache in her shoulder.

"Doesn't matter."

"Matters. Super computer." Her words became disjoint, biting back a painful groan when he grinded his heel into her wound- agonizingly pushing the bullet deeper.

"It has a password." He hissed out. Feeling like everyone was sent to test his patience that day and indicating he wouldn't be so foolish to fall for anything she says.

"Virus. One too many times you put the wrong password. Data gets encrypted, the virus I installed in your computer the other day would save those files and a smart techy can download the files with ease."

"You're lying." He insisted, rolling his eyes.

Casey scoffed out. "Whatever helps you sleep at night. Just a warning, if you go to normal prison unlike solitary prison which your father was sent too, you wouldn't even get the chance to sleep. Men there don't like traffickers. They'd like to show their hatred by shoving their hand so far up their ass-"

The loud gun shot that rang through the closed doors shut her up- but it wasn't enough to wipe that smug look on her face. Jason didn't shoot her this time, aiming the shot few centimeters away from her face to shut her up.

Goosebumps that felt like rough hands of prisoners made their way up his pants- invoking an involuntary shudder.

~~~~~

Sliding the flashdrive in and out of it's shelter, Melissa clutched her phone against her ear with a tensed expression.

She'd managed to fool him the other day by giving him an empty flash drive that looked similar- ignoring the threat he'd made, he trusted her.

"Go to the computer room, now." She was ordered by the low life who revealed his true face, growling for her to obey him.

This was exactly what Mackenzie had wanted, didn't she? She could faintly hear herself say, taking in the giant computers in front of her.

No matter how many times she'd come in, it never ceased to amaze her just how incredible the room was.

"Walk forward till you reach row 6." Jason breather harshly into the phone, apprehension was evident in his tone. "Second computer to your right." He said in a gruff tone- his heart racing with every word like he was afraid.

"Yes." Standing in front of a super computer that was identical to the one on her right and the one of her left, she asked for further instructions, too numb to actually feel anything. Was it right for her to feel somewhat betrayed? The flashdrive burning a hole in her balled up fist- making it's presence known if she dared to forget what a monster he was- is. Even now, he only seeked her help to save his own ass. Like he'd threatened her with her friend to save his own ass.

She was informed two minutes into the call, there were police downstairs with a raid warrant to check through the company. And the reason why he called her up. Why Mackenzie wanted her help.