Chapter 53

Issac dropped Lillian at her place.

"Wanna come inside?" Lillian asked him as held the car door open, waiting for him answer.

Issac shook his head.

"I want to clear my head." He said. He still had a hard time believing Riley had feelings for that family.

Like how?

It came off as a big surprise to him. Their parents adored Riley, even more than their own children at times. So how could she think of throwing it all away for Vincent?

Lillian nodded in understanding.

"Have fun. Be safe." She said before slamming the car door shut and waved.

Issac smiled as he waved back at Lillian. Lillian.... she was something else.

Later that day he got a phone call from his mother asking him to tell Zack and Lillian to come to the family dinner she'd be hosting that week. No excuses. And to drag Lillian if she said no, Lillian was not without a family as long as she had them so she'd better come this time unlike the previous ones.

That conversation made Issac grim gleefully and dislike Riley a bit more.

~~~~

Riley rose from her chair and stretched her limps. She knew she wouldn't get any work done. Her mind was too occupied. Her brain replaying the footage over and over again as if it were a broken record.

She'd asked her friend for a ride, to clear her head.

But she didn't know how she had made her way to the other part of the city.

The place where Alex lived.

Maybe that's what she needed. To get this day over with. She wanted to forget the fight with Issac, the footage. Her possibly ruining her relationship with everyone she cares about.

She had recalled Lillian looking back at her before leaving the room. Had she- Did she hate her? After all, Riley was taking advantage of her. It wouldn't be anything she didn't deserve.

"Stop." She said as Casey drived, getting a distant glimpse of the giant house Alex lived in.

"Here?" Casey asked, confused, slowing the car down.

Riley hummed nodding her head. She knew just how she'd forget the day.

"Thanks, Casey. You can leave I will find my way back later." Riley said, getting out once the car came to a halt.

She was grateful she had a friend like Casey. But she knew Casey could never understand her problems or emotions. No one will, and she can't blame them. She was despicable.

"I understand this day has been pretty rough for you. I'll wait here for you." Casey said, sympathetically. She could see the argument with her brother and the footage had took a huge toll on Riley and thought she just wanted to let it all out by roaming the quiet and secluded street. Riley always did that when she had a lot on her mind.

Riley shook her head- bent at the waist, her hand crossed and was resting on the window pane. "I know someone here. Don't worry." She said, forcing out a goofy smile.

Casey looked at her quizzically. It was a rich neighborhood and Casey wasn't aware anyone Riley knew lived there.

"You sure?" She asked, raising her eyebrow in a questioning manner with concern evident in her eyes. 

Riley nodded in response.

"If you want anything, call me." She rushed out as Riley moved away from the car window.