Chapter 66

"What does your father think he's doing?" Jason's client, hissed into the phone as soon as he picked up the call.

"What?"

"Did you read the latest article?" He probed in an aggrieved tone followed by a sigh of distress.

"I don't think you mean the one about me...." Jason dragged out, knitting his brows together in perplezment.

There was no mention of his father in the articles from last night.

"Check it out. Mr. Mathews, with all due respect, if you can't keep your old man under control- I regret to inform you I'd have to find someone else to supply me with girls."

If he was feeling confused the previous second, it was replaced with an unmeasureable amount a scalding hot fury, his grip on the phone tightened as adrenaline rushed to his veins.

Did he just threaten him? He must've heard him wrong. Jason chuckled internally in anger so profound he had to stop himself from throwing the phone across the room. How dare he!

"I will get back to you later." Despite his urge to tell the ugly looking man who had no chances of getting laid if he weren't rich- he responded in a professional tone so only the invisible tich in his jaw gave his true emotion away.

"You better." He let the warning hang loose in the air for Jason to catch.

Which he did. With little excitement.

As soon as he heard the beep he pushed his anger to the back of his brain and searched for the article regarding his father.

He didn't have to do much digging as it popped on top of the search list with a picture of a women in red blouse and a mic next to a string of words.

The title in big black italics words was 'the truth behind Malia Hall'.

He surfed through the page till he could summarize what the writer was trying to communicate.

Malia Hall a second year Bsc economic student visited America 20 years ago as an exchange student, and three months into her program suddenly she disappeared.

No one could reach her, and since technology wasn't as advanced, the police had to close the case after 3 years since all the trails led to a dead end.

But, after 20 years Jason's father said something controversial that brought her mysterious disappearance into debate. She hadn't died. Not then.

If the story was true, Jason was in danger. He didn't believe his father would admit to his own childhood mistake, but being isolated from people did crazy things to people.

It was too risky to just ignore the matter till it blows over. He needed to know how true it was and how they got their hands on that piece of information. Last he checked, his father was in the solitary unit.

As he shrugged his coat on he had received several calls from his board of directors pressuring him to call for an urgent meeting as the stock price of his company dipped by 34%, he assured them he'd take care of it and not to worry.

~~~~~

A brown headed man with a round face took heavy steps towards Jason's office, holding a phone close to his ears as he yelled at the other person.

Melissa stepped forward to stop him as she got information of him barging into the top without an appointment but he just gave her a dirty look as he spewed more profanities into the phone.

Oh whatever, Jason will take care of it. She thought to herself cooly with an eyeroll. She certainly wasn't getting paid enough to act as a bodyguard for him.