Chapter 19

Everyone looked at Issac intently causing Issac to look over at the said person to see what Lillian thought about him liking her.

Except Lillian's face was complicated to read, her emotions masked well behind her cold face. It reminded him of when she confessed she got raped, though she didn't say it in such explicit words it wasn't hard to put one on one together. Her coldness, her reluctance to being touched.

It made him want to rip the heart of the person that hurt her so badly.

Where were her parents in all this? Didn't they care about her in the slightest? Didn't they see any change in her? Or...was it her..father?

Issac shook his head, not wanting to think about it further and concentrated on the question.

'Did he like Lillian?'

He would be lieing if he says he didn't but what if she didn't feel the same? He didn't want to be rejected by the only girl he has ever liked.

Issac opened his mouth and hummed not sure what answer he wanted to give.

He didn't want to frighten Lillian but he didn't want to disappoint her either if she liked him too.

Ohh this is confusing.

He let out a deep breath and wanted to answer- but right at that time someone's phone rung making everyone's attention turn towards Steve- whose phone was ringing.

This made Riley scowl since she really wanted to hear Issac's answer and Issac to heave a sigh of relief. He let out a nervous laugh when he saw Lillian looking at him.

Steve fished out his mobile phone and frowned when he saw the caller ID. Alice Wonderman it said- his father's new secretary and the one he couldn't resist looking at, especially after spending a steamy night with her.

"Hello." He said picking up the call and placing his phone near his ear.

"Hmm." An undecisive hum came from the other side.

"Tell him." He could hear a girl's distant voice say from the other side.

"Hi! How's life? I mean wrong number." The voice he has gotten accustomed to hearing for 2 months said, first cheerfully then turned hurried before she hung up the call.

Steve looked at the phone in his hand weirdly.

'What the hell was that?' He thought.

"Who was that?" Stacy asked curiously, looking at his facial expression.

"Alice, dad's new secretary." He replied, shaking his head.

"You, mister, are yet to answer my question." Riley said looking at Issac with a pointed look with her eyebrow raised.

"Well." He started looking at everyone.

Riley didn't change her expression, his parents looking at him curiously, Steve and Lillian looked at him with no emotions and Zach was passed out on the coach, snoring occasionally.

'Ughhh this is frustrating. What should he say?' He thought to himself annoyed, hating his sister for putting him in a tight situation.

She knew he liked Lillian so why is she putting him in the spot.

"Don't worry, I don't mind if you don't." Lillian said after a while, thinking that he was having a hard time replying because he didn't want to hurt her feelings.

'No. It isn't that.' He thought to himself.

He took in a deep breathe before finally confessing.

"Yes but no."

Yes, he liked her but no, he didn't just like her.

He loved her.

Steve and Riley groaned at his response.

What sort of response was it, they wondered.

'I like you.' He mouthed to Lillian- who's eyes widened in shock, not expecting a confession in a confession game.

Issac looked away from her and at his lap, feeling shy all of a sudden.

Maybe he shouldn't have said that...

"I like Lillian. She is the best sister. I envy her, I wanna be like her." Riley muttered pouting her mouth.

Lillian scoffed in her head. If only Riley knew what it was to be like her, she wouldn't say that.

~~~~~

Author's note

I am thinking of writing a book for Steve and Alice, what do yall think? 🤔