Chapter 29

She went to sleep wearing that dress.

She wanted to know more about the details. Who bought those dresses?

It can't be Vincent, right? Riley didn't think it could be Max either, she could feel it in her gut.

She fell into a deep slumber as she pondered who cared enough about Lillian to buy them for her. She wanted to thank them.

~~~~~

It was probably around 2 in the morning when Riley was rudely waken by someone.

She clutched her forehead as she felt a throbbing headache kick in. She grunted in annoyance before rising her head to see who woke her up. It was a stranger she has never met before, not like she met a lot of people in the house.

"Mr. Black would like to meet you." He said looking at her curled up body which was hugging the rooled up blanket yet still somehow managed to cover herself with it.

"Couldn't it wait till tomorrow?" She asked in a hoarse voice. She wasn't a fan of people waking her up.

"Afraid not."

Riley let out a groan at that. Just another reason to hate her sperm donor.

She closed her eyes for a few seconds just waiting for the headache to pass by before she yawned and got off the bed.

"Where is he?" She asked looking at him with tired eyes.

The man led her to the father she has been dying to meet ever since she found out about her sister. The one she oh-so-desperately wanted to put behind the bars, if only her sister felt the same.

They stopped infront of a brown door. The man opened the door for her and gestured her to enter before closing the door behind her. What a gentleman!

Ahh so she finally meets her father.

That overbearing aura was hard not to notice. Though he was sitting on the chair she could say he was quite tall, probably slightly taller than her dad.

He was quite good looking though. After all demons are the hottest.

She yawned and sat across him.

"Hi, Vincent." She said in a merry yet grim tone with a fake smile. Unlike his wife, Vincent had a cold aura which made it hard to talk to him. Almost like Lillian's- well looks like it's hereditary- but Lillian's made her look invisible unlike Vincent's, he demanded attention.

He was a proper businessman through and through, he didn't let his emotion slip even for a second since she entered the room.

"What are you doing here?" He asked her in a cold tone but she could detect a hint of anger- which he is trying to hide- in it.

Was this how her sister's childhood was?

She couldn't believe she almost thought he cared about Lillian, it most probably was someone else that bought her those dresses.

"Wow. No 'hi' or anything? You- it's my fault for having any expectations." Riley said with a scoff and ended with a sigh.

She didn't know why it hurt her, it's not like she didn't have a family- as a matter of fact she had the best family she could have hoped for, then why did it hurt? Why was she disappointed?

Guess blood indeed is thicker than water. She thought to herself sadly in a daze.

"I heard you lost your memories." The sperm donor stated leaning back on his chair with his arms folded in front of him.

"Would you have rather I told her I did drugs." She shot back.

Vincent narrowed his eyes when he heard that but looked at her perplexed when he saw her tired and sad eyes.

"So you didn't lose your memories?" He said through gritted teeth, feeling his temper rise.

Ah at last a reaction!

Riley leaned forward with a lop sided grin. "I wouldn't mind telling her you kicked me out what's why I had to leave." She said with a smile in a cheerful tone but the words held a threat and it didn't seem like an ideal one either.

"You don't care about your mother that almost died giving birth to you." He said through gritted teeth, clenching his hands into fists. It angered him that she couldn't care less about Laura. How can one not give a damn about their mother? He wondered.

Sorry Laura, my sister is more important to me.

"It's hardly my fault she found an uncaring husband."

"DON'T YOU DARE SAY I DON'T CARE ABOUT HER." Vincent yelled getting up from his seat and slammed his hands on the table making Riley flinch at the sound. He was fuming mad, how dare she accuse him of being an uncaring husband.

"I care about her more than I care about anyone else." He then said through gritted teeth.

"Yea, not an uncaring husband just an uncaring and neglectful father." She said looking at him with one of her eyebrow raised.

Vincent took in a few deep breathes, praying for some patience.

"Sure I was a tad bit neglectful but I wasn't uncaring. Never uncaring. Hell, you are wearing the dress I bought you." He said, his tone dropping to barely above a whisper in a frightening manner and left 'Lillian' to her thoughts.

Riley swallowed her saliva with great difficulty. She didn't know what to make out of his outburst and was left with mixed feelings. What if he wasn't that bad? Sure he did admit he was a bit neglectful but..... what if.... that was all?

All she knew was that Lillian was raped but Lillian did admit that he didn't know about it. Maybe- just maybe- he truly isn't all that bad.

She sighed, rubbing her face with her hands. She couldn't believe she just thought what she just thought. How could she do this to Lillian?