Due Date

A/N: I'm so sorry it'd take ln forever to update I had finals and I've been so busy at work. Plus at my other job at a dance studio its almost recital so that's pretty time consuming. Hopefully I'll be able to update soon. Its a pretty long chapter though so enjoy!!

"I cannot take it anymore, I'm calling the doctor" I say pulling out my phone. "I've been telling you to do that since your due date passed Tai" Evan says as he watches me dial the number.

I made an appointment through an automated machine then hung up the phone. "My appointments at 3 this afternoon" I look over at Evan whose standing at the edge of the bed. "Alright. I just really hope they don't induce you I've got to be on set at 6" he says. "Well I don't think they would today, but we probably need to take our hospital bag just in case". He nods. Pacing back and fourth. The nervousness floats through the room."I just can't believe your a week past your due date, normally people are early right?" he asks. "I'm not sure Ev" I say playing with my finger nails. A couple minutes pass with no words said. Both our heads down soaking in the awkward silence. Then final he breaks it. "Hey, I'm gonna go to the gym for a little while" Evan says. "Alright, just be back by two so you can take me" I remind him. "I will Tai" he says walking over kissing my forehead and rubbing my tummy. He then turns to leave.

When he leaves I reach into my nightstand pulling out my belly buds and place them on my tummy. I attach the other end to my phone and play music. I lay there smiling hoping that this will be one of the last times I have to connect with Avery through my belly. Sometime in the very near future she will be in my arms.

As the time reached 1pm I got out of bed and preceded on getting ready. I walked into the bathroom turning the shower on. I slipped off Evans LA kings jersey,which had become my favorite thing to sleep and lounge around in. I Stared at my huge belly in mirror. I look like I'm going to pop any day now. I roll my eyes and step into the shower. The shower has been one of my favorite places lately. The silence as the warm water flows from head down to my swollen feet relaxes me. When I'm in the shower I'm not caught up in my anxious thoughts about Evan or giving birth. I'm relaxed. After ten minutes at peace I step out of the shower. I pull my hair up in a messy bun slip on a simple dress and my flip flops and head towards the front door to get the mail quickly because I have a few extra minutes. As I approach it I notice Evan outside his car on the phone. I try to be sneaky and peak out the window. I gasp in the shock that he's smoking a cigarette. He quit that when we first started living together right after I turned seventeen. For a second I think about letting it go and holding back my frustration, but I couldn't stop myself I grabbed the door knob and opened the front door. His face looked embarrassed. He knew he was in trouble now. "What the fuck" I say to him. Before he responds he tells the person on the phone hes gotta call them back, but what pisses me off the most is he doesn't put the cigarette out he continues to smoke. Then he looks at me "sorry Tai I picked back up smoking" then he bent down to grab his water bottle from his car. I stared at him in shock. He cannot think that the explanation he just gave is okay. He looked back over at me and almost laughed. "Tai its not that big of a deal" he said. "You are about to have a new born and smoking isn't a big deal?" I snap back at him. "I'm not going to be smoking around the baby Taissa" he pleaded. "You just need to quit I don't care what it takes. Your not going to be a smoker" I say watching him throw down the butt and step on it. "Whatever Tai just get in the car" he says.

And once again we sat in silence.

As we sat in the white room waiting for the doctor neither of us talked to the other. I think we both knew what Evan wanted, but neither of us wanted to say it. Maybe he was nervous, or maybe his mom got through to him. Regardless, I was glad he's kept through on his word when he said he would be a father to his baby. I look over at Evan about to say thank you for coming when the doctor finally knocked on the door, and came in. "Miss Farmiga how are you?" She says. "Not to well I'm ready for this baby to come out" I plead. She laughs at that comment then I notice her eyes glare over at Evan who was sitting on his phone. "And how's daddy today" she says to him. "Uh good" he responded in an annoyed tone. I roll my eyes at him because every time were at the hospital or doctors office he acts absurd. "So she just doesn't want to come out" the doctor says and I nod my head. "Have you tried any tricks" she asked. "What" I ask back confused. "You know eating spicy foods, going walking, bouncing on a ball, the best option is sex" she says. Evans head bounced right up from his phone now really intreseted in the conversation. "No I haven't tried anything" I say giving Evan a look. "Well what about this let's schedule you to be induced at 10 am on Thursday so five days from now because you'll be 44 weeks then, and in the mean time you try all those tricks and see if they'll work". She said writing things down on paper. "Sounds good" I smile. "Well I'll see you thursday then" she smiled and walked out of the room.

"I like that doctor " Evan says as we drive home. "Why" I ask. "Because she encourages us to have sex" he smirked. "Yeah well I'm trying everything else before that" I roll my eyes. "Why" he says frustrated. "Because you've been a distant ass hole lately" I yell. "Whatever" he says then silence fills the car once again.

(The next day)

I wake up with a mission to get Avery out of me. I start my morning by taking a long walk, which was very comforting it had been a while since I'd been able to enjoy the beauty of New Orleans and the walk aloud me to do that, but unfortunately that's the only thing that happened. Next, I ate some spicy peppers, and waited a couple of hours and of course nothing happened. Then, I moved on to bouncing on a exercise ball I made Evan go buy this morning. I bounced on the ball for thirty minutes still with nothing happening. The whole time Evan stood there laughing his ass off at me. I couldn't help but laugh too because I felt ridiculous. "Okay fine" I say to him. His eyes lit up "really" he asked. "Really" I nod. He comes up to me and grabs my hand pulling me upstairs to our room. He began kissing me and that's all I really need to be turned on. He got us both undressed in a matter of seconds, but now came the hard part. We both laughed our asses of as we tried to find a position to accomidate my huge ass belly. Finally, Evan stood up laid me on side of the bed pushed my legs apart and pushed in and out. We both moaned. He started out slowly then he went really fast until I couldn't take it anymore and finished. Within seconds later Evan finished too. We laid for a couple of seconds until I felt it "Oh shit" I say. "What" he says panting. "I'm starting to have contractions" I say panicked. Evan jumps up running around the room putting back on his clothes and then finding mine. "Come on Tai" he says after he slips a dress over my head. "Were going to have a baby".