St. Louis Part 1

I sat in the boarding area tapping my foot out of nervousness. "They just called us" Evan says. I nod and grab the carrier with Avery in it. He grabs our carry ons and we headed to board the plane.

I look out the planes window and take a deap breath. I hate this. I don't want to see his family. Its not fair I want to see Vera she still hasn't even met Avery.

"Hey give her this" Evan says pulling me out of my thoughts. I look over to see him holding her pacifier. I take it and slip it into her mouth. She's asleep now but as soon as the plane starts im sure she'll wake up.

A short hour and forty five minutes later we landed St. Louis Evan was happy. I could tell. He kept smiling at me and jumping around.

We met a security guard who already had all our bags ready to go to the car we rented. This wasn't usual. Normally, we had a driver, but since this was such a private family weekend Evan insisted on driving himself.

We followed the security guard through the airport. I saw a couple of people snap photos, and rolled my eyes. Evan didn't seem to mind all the pictures and people, but I self consciously pulled my hat down to cover my face. It didn't help any because Evan continued to wave and stop to take pictures with the people who were calling his name.

We finally approached the car. Evan strapped Avery down in the backseat next to me. He tipped our security guard. Then hopped in the front seat and began driving.

"That was insane" I say.
"Nahh"
"Your just happy any other time you'd be as annoyed as I am" I smirk up at him through the mirror.
He winked back as he started to drive.

I focused on Avery she was grabbing up towards her toy attached to her car seat. I smiled at her she was glowing with happiness. This made me reflect on the way I've been acting and what Sarah told me the other day. It's not as bad as I think it is. Let loose and have fun with Evan this weekend.

I placed my hands in from of my face then opened them up and smiled at her. Her eyes got big then she let out a tiny little crack of a laugh. I brust out laughing and she smiled up at me.

"Holy shit was that her first laugh" Evan asked curiously trying to look at her.

"Yeah" I said through my laugher.

"No fair I missed it" he wined.

"Youll see it surely she will do it again" I assured him.

We pulled up to a two story brick home.  "This is it" Evan says smiling up at the red brick house in front of us. I take a deep breath remembering to stay calm,grab my purse, the diaper bag and jump out of the car.

Evan walks over to get Avery and I head to the trunk to get our bags.
"I'll come back for that" he says motioning for me to close the trunk back. I nod and follow him to the door.

'Mom Dad" he calls as we enter into the front door.

I look around taking in the setting a carpeted stairs when you first walk in. To the left a big open tan walled living room and beyond that was a kitchen that looked like it had not been remodeled since 2005.

His mom appeared from beyond the kitchen.

"Oh my stars I didn't know you would be here so early" she walked straight towards Avery taking her out of Evans hands.

"Yeah mom I told you we would be" he says moving into the living room with her.

She ignored his comment. And began playing with her feet.

"Where's dad" he asks.

"Out at the grocery store getting things to make for dinner"

"Oh...I'll be back" he says. He walks with past me dragging his hand along my side Leaving me hanging with her.

The room grew silent. I take a deep breath to get the courage and the say "I got her to laugh for the first time in the car playing peek a boo, so you might want to try" I say lightly.

"Oh honey she's way to young for that it was probably just a burp"

I can feel my blood boiling.

"Let me show you" I get up taking the carrier from her. I place my hands as they were before and do the motion. She begins to crack a laugh again and I smile.

Thank you Avery for making your mother not look like an asshole in front if your crazy grandmother.

Before she can respond Evan walks in the door with our suitcases. "EV your in your room I have a play on set up and taissa your in Michelle's old room.

I flash my eyes over at Evan. "Wh-what?" He asks.

"Your bedrooms" she smiles pulling the Carrier back towards her and getting back involved with Avery.

"Mom obviously Tai and I sleep together"

"Not in this house hold"

"Do you see that human your holding that's from my penis being inside her" he screams.

My face burst red.

"Don't be vulgar Evan" she holds up her hand to him.

"Are you fucking crazy?" He asks.

"Your not married Evan"

"That didn't matter with Emma" he snapped.

"You and Emma were engaged to be married"

"So are me And Tai. Plus Emma didn't give you that granddaughter Taissa did"

"It should have been Emma"

I couldn't take it anymore.

"Okay I got the hint you don't like me, but that means you don't like Avery either" I grab Avery's carrier from her and take it outside.

I pass Evan on the way out and slam the front door. I sit down on the front steps and set Avery next to me. I place my hands in eyes and begin to cry. I'm not a slut. Why is she treating me like one. I know Evan's too good for me but I don't deserve that treatment.

I continue to listen to Evan scream at his mom from the other side of the door. I don't look up though I just keep my hands on my head and stare at my feet. Until I heard a car drive up and doors shut. I jump up wiping my eyes.

They approach me. "You must be taissa" a girl with short blonde hair asks.

"Yeah" I say running my fingers through my hair.

"Im Michelle Evans sister" she smiles glancing over at Avery.

"May I"? She asks.

I nod and turn the carrier around letting her see Avery.

"Oh my gosh. She looks just like Evans old photos"she giggled. Reaching to play with her tiny fingers.

Then she heard the yells. She looked over at me. "Are you alright. What's going on"

"Your mom wants us to sleep in different rooms because were not married or engaged and I'm not Emma who should be Avery's mom" I say looking down at the ground.

"That's bullshit. It makes absolutely no sense" she says to me reaching down for my hand I take it and she pulls me up. "I'll go give her some shit. Come on" she says.