Chapter Two: Joy Ride

A/n: Firewalk is the fictional band in Life is Strange but in real life, it's known as Pretty Vicious. Just so you guys know so there is no confusion.

At the sound of the school bell ringing, given the indication that morning tea was now over, the student occupancy at Blackwell made haste to leave school, and by doing so, the faculty ignored their exhilaration as all the students rushed out of their classes and flooded the halls. With that being said, Clark Price and Rachel Amber would have a difficult time regrouping and meeting outside of the front of the school - it would surely take a good half hour before it was easier for people to escape the main campus building without being trampled over.

By the time Clark was able to get out of the stampede of teenagers, he was fortunate to locate a particular brunette he was looking out for.

When Rachel spotted him, a smile broke on her face as she ushered him to follow her once he was able to pry himself out of the horde. Once he caught up with Rachel, the headed out towards the train tracks.

Beforehand, Clark made sure to message his mother so she knew of what he was up to so she didn't get scared.

To: MOM
Hi mom. I won't be home for a while - probably until tonight. I'm hanging out with a girl.

To: MOM
Now that I think about it, I probably shouldn't have brought it up with you.

To: MOM
Don't tell Chloe.

To: MOM
Love you XOXOXO

The railroad was dead silent excluding the chitter-chatter of insects and birds frolicking around the area. Neither said a word to each other until they reached the tracks which was when they heard a train travelling through.

"You sure you don't want to just walk, or...?" Clark asked, his voice trailing off as he felt unsure about doing what he thought they were going to do.

Rachel nudged him and ran after the train. "Nope. If we're gonna go rogue, we're doing it right. Come on! Let's go!"

Her laugh made butterflies act spontaneously in Clark's stomach as she ran up to an open carriage and jumped in. With Clark right behind her, he dove into the carriage and got up to his feet thanks to Rachel helping him up to his feet.

"Thanks," he said appreciatively and peeked outside the carriage in the direction the train was taking them.

For the first time in Clark's life, he was going somewhere he didn't know where he was going to end up. In spite of his disobedient tendencies, Clark did have a path set for himself.

"Pull up a chair, Price. The view's amazing," said Rachel as she looked back and forth between the view and Clark

They weren't the first two to hop aboard the train, judging by the graffiti on the inner walls of the carriage they were in that was decorated with words, symbols and other obscurities. Clark found a small, wide crate and kicked it near Rachel and sat down.

"Alright, Clark. You're on a train with Rachel freakin' Amber. Play it cool, don't act like a fool in front of her. Holy shit she's gorgeous. I wonder why she decided to hang out with me? Maybe I should make small talk. She's somebody I've never really talked to before. I should have loads of things to talk about! Why am I having trouble thinking of the simplest thing?" Clark reassured himself in his own thought.

As he was giving himself a pep talk, he nervously made eye contact with the green-eyed girl who flashed him a tiny smile before looking back out of the carriage at the trees that passed them. Unbeknownst to him, Rachel easily read Clark's body language and could see that he was having such a hard time trying to think of something to say.