Chapter Twenty-Five: Memories Pt. I

"I'm going to have a shower." Rachel declared.

Clark raised an eyebrow at her when Rachel sat up and wandered over to his closet. He watched her attentively as she rummaged through his clothing selection in hopes of finding something adequate for her to wear for the time being.

When she found something she liked, Rachel plucked it from the hangar and held the clothes against her body to see how it would look on her when she noticed out of her peripheral vision, Clark was still staring at her. He was too slow to comprehend that she'd caught him staring at her, but no fuss was made immediately until Rachel cleared her throat, snapping him out of his thoughts.

The brunette struck a pose to tease Clark further as she ran a hand up to her hair, flipping it over the back of her head.

"Like what you see?" Rachel teased. "Don't even try to think about us showering together. We're not at that stage... yet."

Clark's face burnt hotter as the beeline-honey brown-haired girl walked out of the room with a fresh pair of clothes and disappeared from sight.

"You are something else, Rachel Amber." Clark mumbled to himself, chuckling as he shook his head with a smile.

His eyes scanned the room for something to distract himself with besides his music. The faint buzzing sound returned when Clark lost most of his focus until he set his attention onto his bedside table. It had been a while since Clark last recalled the items inside the top drawer, so Clark was made curious about the contents inside.

He proceeded to open the top drawer and peeked inside.

There was a variety which consisted of an old Ben 10 styled watch, a Playboy magazine which unfortunately had some pages still stuck together, a wooden-crafted Rosary bead necklace, braided string bracelets, men's cologne and a red bandana worn many, many times - every moment Clark seized to wear said bandana to be equipped with his pirate costume - as a young child before the passing of his father.

Clark smiled at the item which revived good memories. But at the cost of remembering the good days came one in particular Clark dreaded to remember.

The day his father died.

Flashback

September, 2008

It was a warm Autumn morning in Arcadia Bay.

The weekend had finally come and Chloe and Clark Price were filled with spontaneous glee and excitement that their best friends was finally coming over to hang out together. Due to having to attend school, it was thoroughly painful to endure five days until the three best friends could be reunited outside of school grounds.

But if there was one thing they enjoyed about school, it was some classes in particular. More surprisingly, Chloe and her extraordinary talent in science which won her first place in the school science fair that Wednesday.

Now that the weekend had finally come, the twins were exceptionally hyperactive to welcome their best friend with open arms.

That person being Maxine 'Max' Caulfield.

The trio were childhood best friends who were untouchable with their everlasting bond. But it was more uncommonly known that Chloe's twin brother harboured the biggest crush on Max. And in high hopes did he intend to infiltrate her feelings and subtly plant hints of his infatuation with her.

It was around nine in the morning when Max's parents dropped her off outside Clark and Chloe's house.

The need formality was not required as both parents of the children were too accustomed to not greeting one another for such occasions excluding dinners and parties and other school events.