Chapter Fifty-Four: I've Got The Power!

One week later... 

Beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep...! 

To spend all night researching tornadoes, quantum physics and other irregular occurrences was something Max Caulfield never thought she'd do. The phenomenon itself of the mysterious tornado was intriguing in its own way, but for somebody who got caught up in something greater, this would only be the beginning of something extraordinary. 

Max awoke to the sound of her alarm going off. The brunette awoke, feeling a bit tired from staying up late last night for her personal research. 

The first thing that she did was check her cell phone for messages. 

From: CUTIE
Good morning, Maxie-pad!!! Hope you got enough sleep after last night - you must look like a zombie XD 

From: CUTIE
I'm going to check on Kate soon, so I might see you out the front of the girl's dorms. Be a pal and go pay her a visit, plzzz? 

Max snorted at Clark's message. It delighted her to see that he always had her and Kate's best interests at heart. 

Slowly, Max sat herself up and got up onto her feet where she observed the layout of her dorm. It was a complete mess - disgraceful, even. The first thing that came to mind was how messy her room was, followed by the need to cleanse herself before she'd get ready for a free morning without classes. So she grabbed a towel and exited her room. 

"... Courtney, seriously, do not forget I need those papers before tonight. Like, now. Thanks, cherie." 

Opposite her room was Victoria Chase's room. 

The short-haired blonde was fully clothed early that morning, conversing degradingly to her friend, Courtney Wagner. Victoria noticed Max's door open behind Courtney and stole a quick glance at the brunette walking out of her room before looking back at Courtney. Max proceeded to make her way down the hall a bit. 

"Yeah, of course, Victoria. I'll get the tests and papers to you this afternoon. I am so on it. Consider it done." Courtney responded squeakily. 

Right before Max was about to turn sharply to the left, she felt a shoulder bump hers. It was Courtney who'd purposefully bumped shoulders with Max as a result of her disliking of the silent, quirky photography geek. She frowned at Courtney before making her way inside the girl's bathroom. As soon as she stepped into the girl's bathroom, her blue eyes immediately marked the dirty-haired blonde girl brushing her teeth in her pyjamas. 

"Hey Kate. How are you doing?" Max spoke sweetly towards the Christian girl. 

Kate smiled fondly at Max and tucked some hair behind her ear. Her cheeks turned a bit red when Max approached her and smiled gallantly at her. 

"Hi, Max. Thanks again for standing up for me last week." Kate said appreciatively. 

"Anytime." 

"By the way, Max. Do you still have my copy of The October Country?" 

"Oh. Yes. Of course. It's great so far. I didn't realise Bradbury was such a poet." 

"I know, right? It's so addictive. Can you please bring it back to my room this morning? I just need to take some notes for class." 

"Absolutely. I'll bring it by after I shower." 

"Thank you, Max." 

Max entered a shower stall and closed the curtain and took off her clothes and turned the hot water tap. As soon as she turned it full rotation and the hot water hit her head and the back of her neck, she felt very relieved and instantly refreshed. She soaked herself under the hot water and used a soap bar to apply a thin, undetectable layer of skin moisturiser all over her body.