Chapter Thirty-Nine: Glowing

Rachel Amber.

A name that slowly became recognisable for her participation in magazines and modelling for popular branding and perfume companies. Thanks to the people who knew her and followed her from Arcadia Bay supported her rise to stardom.

Her schedule was very tight as a result of her agent and her other friend, Charles Fitzroy, shining the spotlight onto her. Because of this, Rachel had to adapt to her new lifestyle out of Oregon.

It never became any easier for Rachel to to contact her boyfriend regularly and remind him about how much she loved and adored him, especially for being her number one supporter and fan. Because of this, weeks quickly turned into months.

It hadn't become any easier for the Price family to keep a roof over their heads but at least they were providing an income that kept them barely stable financially. Rachel Amber was always preoccupied with her line of work as a model, which in turn prevented her from spending quality time with her boyfriend as she'd hoped.

Over halfway through the year, an issue for Rachel arose. It hadn't occurred to her that forgetting a simple thing could cause such stress and unbalanced emotions to be let loose on people around her.

Charles was one of those people who were faced with the full-blunt force of Rachel's uncontrolled outbursts.

Ever since the signs showed up, the most obvious one became quite apparent to Rachel's agent and Charles that she was experiencing her adapting into womanhood.

Rachel was indeed pregnant.

Reassurance from both Charles and her agent provided minimal support and encouragement in comparison to what Clark would say that would fully boost her confidence. But with the issue of him not being currently aware of her pregnancy, it made it difficult to explain how she needed to hear his voice, to have him figuratively cradle her in his arms and speak words of encouragement that would help her realise that she ought to not be ashamed for being a sixteen year-old pregnant model. Of course, there was also the issue of having the papers distributed to Arcadia, but Charles and Rachel's agent promised to ensure nothing was sent there that would reveal her bump.

On one of Rachel's breaks, she was in her changing room. She'd distracted herself with social media by looking through Facebook and Instagram at things posted by people she followed and things in her feed.

A notification popped up on her screen, displaying a message sent from somebody quite unexpected.

From: NATE
Hey stranger! Heard you were in the modelling gig.

A smile crept up on Rachel's face upon recognising her contactor.

To: NATE
Hey Nathan! How are you? Have you been well?

To: NATE
Yes! I'm a model now! But not right now, though. I'm waiting to be called out.

From: NATE
That's awesome. I've seen you in magazines. Lookin' hot!

To: NATE
Haha thank you! I really appreciate that.

To: NATE
How are things back home? Missing me much?

From: NATE
Things are about the same - minus Drew North being an absolute douchebag.

To: NATE
I'm glad something's changed for you, Nathan. Hang in there buddy.

As soon as Rachel logged off her phone, there was a knock at her door. The handle turned and the door clicked as a woman half-entered the room to call for Rachel's attention.